ANZ Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Does anyone know if or when they are going to reconfigure the stadium ?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, they are putting a roof over it, and reconfiguring it so it can be in a rectangle format for when league, union, football games are on. It reduces capacity to 60k.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Yes, they are putting a roof over it, and reconfiguring it so it can be in a rectangle format for when league, union, football games are on. It reduces capacity to 60k.
Cool, any idea of a time frame ? Gotta say I was unimpressed at the GF compared to Suncorp and Alliance Stadiums

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cool, any idea of a time frame ? Gotta say I was unimpressed at the GF compared to Suncorp and Alliance Stadiums
I think its too far out to have a timeline yet. I've done some research and im not even sure they have selected the construction company to go with. Construction wont start until atleast the end of next year i'm guessing.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think its too far out to have a timeline yet. I've done some research and im not even sure they have selected the construction company to go with. Construction wont start until atleast the end of next year i'm guessing.
THere's nothing on austadiums website - not that it's always the most up to date website around....

Reaction score
So we'll limit our grand final to a crowd of 60,000?

This is only one proposed idea for an upgrade of ANZ Stadium. There are other ideas as well which are being put forward and the logicitics being worked out.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

This is only one proposed idea for an upgrade of ANZ Stadium. There are other ideas as well which are being put forward and the logicitics being worked out.
They might play in the traditional oval format for large games i guess... Yeah it was being talked up as going ahead in 2015 but i doubt it.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure the presentation I saw mentioned the seat configuration could change back to 80k+ for big games like State of Origin and Grand Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.