ANZ Stadium redevelopment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Watched on ch 7, ANZ stadium will be part of the $500m NSW government plans to redevelop Sydney sporting venues.

The redevelopment of stadium will include:

- Retractable roof
- Retractable seats on northern and southern end to bring them closer to the action and also will go into a 'rectangular' format for NRL, rugby and Football. This will decrease capacity by 15k to 75k when it is in rectangular format.
- An increase in capacity to 90k to cater large sports marquee events like SOO, A-League All stars, Socceroos FIFA world Cup qualifiers and Wallabies test matches.
- Improvement transport infrastructure around the precinct like easier access OP from the M4 and Homebush bay drive and possible '2000 olympics' timetable for trains with increased services on gamedays to get to and from Olympic Park

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think they need to demolish the stadium and build it again to truly make it rectangle

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think they need to demolish the stadium and build it again to truly make it rectangle
Let's reconstruct an exact replica of Belmore oval including the Belmore hotel
And a train line were the train slows down when it goes past during the. Game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NSW Government needs to get its priorities right, they have bigger problems than ANZ Stadium.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's reconstruct an exact replica of Belmore oval including the Belmore hotel
And a train line were the train slows down when it goes past during the. Game
Don't forget the Belmore Bowling Club. It was a great little place to meet the mates before going to the game.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The stadium needs to be closer to the city, and more accessible.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Closing the roof and bringing the N & S ends in will add to the atmosphere. However closing all the top tiers by laying more bulldogs banners around, preferably full coverage would see less empty seats. I love going to ANZ as its always been my home ground, as I'm not old enough for the belmore days. But to have our own ground once more... would be awesome. The leagues club have more than enough cash, but the future lies with the big venues apparently...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I envy parra's set up, stadium, station, leagues club, team store all within shot of each other.

C

choice

Anz is sensational, great facilities, getting out is the best of any stadium, imagine sitting in car ques every game at sfs, no thanks.
I'd say 90% of all the old bulldog fans live no where the area, so it is strategically placed in a great position.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sydney Olympic Park suits me perfectly. I live in Campbelltown, so getting there is extremely easy just by going on the M7/M4.... It's literally a road away from the M4.

Parking also is by far the best of any Stadium and pricing is in my opinion fair.

ANZ Stadium probably needs to the least attention.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anz is sensational, great facilities, getting out is the best of any stadium, imagine sitting in car ques every game at sfs, no thanks.
I'd say 90% of all the old bulldog fans live no where the area, so it is strategically placed in a great position.
I agree... But some here will just bitch and moan about how hard it is to get there.... Waah... No parking etc.

For all its faults, ANZ is accessable by pt and is within easy reach of the entire Sydney basin by car. Most big stadiums around the world have little or no parking. The big 4 in Se QLD don't and we manage to survive.

C

choice

I think the Dogs should build their own fortress away from Homebush.

This year is the first time that I've never been to a Dogs game, ANZ Stadium is a shithole with no atmosphere.
I don't know who you are or what you do on here, but you call yourself a supporter and you haven't been to a game ? I bet you jump on the gravy plane if we make the semi's, you,sound like a fair weather roosters supporter.

C

choice

Sydney Olympic Park suits me perfectly. I live in Campbelltown, so getting there is extremely easy just by going on the M7/M4.... It's literally a road away from the M4.

Parking also is by far the best of any Stadium and pricing is in my opinion fair.

ANZ Stadium probably needs to the least attention.
Exactly it is superb, you make your own atmosphere with friends and family.
im in the members, choice of 10 or so beers, best place in Sydney.
i agree abit smaller would be ideal. Around 60k would be ideal for us.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really like anz, sure going to games like vs cowboys is a bit dull, but 9 thousand people at any current ground would be.

Parra was an awesome crowd, same as vs broncos.

I'd go to see the bulldogs play if it was at my local high school and we had to sit on wet grass, it doesn't matter where we play, supporters should support.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly it is superb, you make your own atmosphere with friends and family.
im in the members, choice of 10 or so beers, best place in Sydney.
i agree abit smaller would be ideal. Around 60k would be ideal for us.
Why 60k when we never get close to 1/2 that outside of a major semi against a sydney team?

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the redevelopment as it works in with the "major stadium" conceit.
What really confuses me is why then brookvale gets $5m also? It makes no sense to enhance anz but then also pour heaps of cash to a stadium that nobody travels to. The manly fans will say thankyou via never ever travelling away from brookvale again. Massive nrl fail.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you leave the stadium 15min before full time to get out of that carpark?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we would have appeared in more games at this stadium then all the other teams/codes combined over the last 15 years. So it's definitely more our home ground then anyone else's.

I just think it's a massive waste of money.

When you compare it to some stadiums around the world it will never compare (think Germany, England, Spain) and I doubt these stadiums cost as much as anz (it's only 15 years old and is costing massive money for the 3rd time to redesign it).

The north and east stands will won't be right on the dead ball line because of the angle of the seating (from what I saw from the plans) and you will won't be ontop of the game because it's not a steep stadium until you get up on level 1, 2, 3, 4 which is a much better view then front row on the half way line.

At the end of the day we will always be around anz stadium (in the mid term future) so any upgrades will benefit us. I'm a little more excited to see what the will build around the stadium with new bars/restaurants/eateries. Closet option at the moment for anything decent is north strathfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.