ANZ could be Upgraded for World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Snaked Jailedeagle and his bf rocky 4.5 are the ones who start the insults. I merely return serve.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unsure. This article could be garbage, no quotes, from the DT, with a picture clearly edited in ms paint.

As it is atm the seats where we usually sit retract to about 15metres back. Next time we go ill show u, i've seen them move them back its pretty cool

Unsure abt the additonals
Yeah iv seen the point where they start retracting. Iv even been to an AFL game there

but with the new seating theyd require more space underneath the stands which they may not have

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is way too big for us at the moment, this will benefit soccer in this country should the world cup come here.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
I like how they are saying that a new 40,000 seat "rugby league" stadium will be built when most people know its the stadium that will also be home to the new Western Sydney soccer franchise. I love how they claim crap like this . Same down in Melbourne, where the Victorian governemnt have built the Melbourne Victory a new stadium which the storm will also use as 2nd tenants but some people are claiming it as the Storms new Rugby league stadium.
The FFA and Lowy are not stupid. What they will seek will be beneficial to soccer and codes like Union and League may also benefit.
The FFA are fighting the AFL head on and any World Cup in Australia will see NO benefit to that code.
No wonder Union have kept quiet so far.

The Bulldogs should be looking to get Belmore upgraded as a World Cup training venue and look to host some games there down the track. I know its many years away and many things can happen until then but Belmore needs major improvements.

As for ANZ stadium being upgraded, its pretty obvious now that the FFA have settled on a venue for the final if we get to host the World Cup. And bringing the fans closer to the action by making the playing arena rectangular is every codes benefit except the AFL. And the roof isnta bad idea either.
that stadium was designed and had approval before the victory or the a-league existed.

super 14 is over in May, they can play away tests, no issue for union.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
if its a sunday afternoon game, and it happens to be a warm one, which happens at the start of the season (around high 20s - low 30s) the roof will kill us.

the sun blaring onto it, the cover intensifying the heat and pushing heat in, and the heat from the players/fans will be trapped inside making the place into a sauna. plus, what is better than a wet and muddy game of league??!!
If it's sunny or windy the roof will remain open.

If it's raining however it'll be closed.

Just like Rod Laver Arena and many other stadiums.

I personally love the idea. Dry Rugby League year round, but not at the expense of 4-8 weeks outage due to Soccer.

Infact if FFA want to hold the World Cup, they should be forced to reimburse every membership holder for FULL ticket price to any games they would miss over that period (as when the games are rescheduled they could miss out on seeing them due to other commitments).

In other words I'm happy for the World Cup to go ahead, if the FFA reimburse me for 4-8 home games I may not be able to attend if reschedueld.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Would love the prospect of it. Closer to the action = big thumbs up

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it's sunny or windy the roof will remain open.

If it's raining however it'll be closed.

Just like Rod Laver Arena and many other stadiums.

I personally love the idea. Dry Rugby League year round, but not at the expense of 4-8 weeks outage due to Soccer.

Infact if FFA want to hold the World Cup, they should be forced to reimburse every membership holder for FULL ticket price to any games they would miss over that period (as when the games are rescheduled they could miss out on seeing them due to other commitments).

In other words I'm happy for the World Cup to go ahead, if the FFA reimburse me for 4-8 home games I may not be able to attend if reschedueld.
Do the NRL reimburse fans or clubs during state of origin period when players are taken from their clubs depriving fans of watching their club play at strength?

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're such a fat **** Kenny!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isnt it a big waste of money. They spent how much modifying the stadium removing seats. Now they will spend another 150 million to upgrade the stadium and roof. This is a serious waste of money. No wonder NSW is so ***ed up. Especially the hospitals. I just hope the state and federal government are not going to fund all this expenditure.

Status
Not open for further replies.