Anything on Matt Frawley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How about Matt frawley? does anyone know how he's going? you guys think he has any shot on the side?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Didn't see nsw cup on the weekend but apparently he and everyone else were dismal

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All reports are pretty poor-average.

Scared of the ball.

The one thing I really took note of in the one game I watched this year is his kicking game would have him cut in half in FG.

Catch. Stop. Turn. Kick.

In FG it would be Cat-BENT IN F*CKING HALF.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
All reports are pretty poor-average.

Scared of the ball.

The one thing I really took note of in the one game I watched this year is his kicking game would have him cut in half in FG.

Catch. Stop. Turn. Kick.

In FG it would be Cat-BENT IN F*CKING HALF.
F*ck that bent me in half with laughter

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gee I hope he improves. Thought he may have been the answer. :(

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I heard from a mate at work he got injured during the preseason.

Or we just can't have any good halves.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Frawley is struggling with the step up to NSW Cup. In all honesty I think the guys like 19 or something, and probably needs time to develop in NYC first.

He touched the ball once in the game on the weekend, and that was at dumy half for a catch and pass.

At present Lindon McGrady is one that *might* go well if he can get his defence sorted.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't watch McGradys defence very closely but did notice him make some good tackles. He certainly looked the better player. Behind a big pack he could be a very useful player.

Frawley was a passenger.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah Frawley is struggling with the step up to NSW Cup. In all honesty I think the guys like 19 or something, and probably needs time to develop in NYC first.

He touched the ball once in the game on the weekend, and that was at dumy half for a catch and pass.

At present Lindon McGrady is one that *might* go well if he can get his defence sorted.

Pretty much on the money with your comments here.

McGrady impressed me more last year in some of his games and NSW Cup did not have a great season. Is prone to a bit of shirt grabbing but can put on a decent hit at times. In attack he has shown he can be elusive and can actually put in a decent grubber or bomb.

Matt Frawley needs time to develop and only turned twenty the end of last year. Unlike the U20s players you actually have to tackle and he is only in his first year with the big boys so is still finding his feet. Hope he does develop because he will be one of our only backups for the rest of this year and next ( that is unless we sign someone else)

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I think the reason we don't have many good halves coming through in NRL is that once juniors make rep sides at 6&7 it all goes to their heads and they don't work on their games. They think they are the sh!t because it's such an important position and rest on their laurels so to speak.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he was good enough or ready to play he would of replaced Hokko already but he isn't so enough about him.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Matt Frawley would go okay in first grade. In the NSWCup game against Wenty Magpies the Wenty forwards dominated so no one went well.

Frawley has got two assets Hodkinson hasn't. He runs on two legs and runs fast. Time in first grade (ie experience) would see his kicking game improve a lot.

IMO Hodkinson is a shot duck, he's had it. And that's got nothing to do with his ability. The fact is his knee injury has not responded to the surgery and rehab he had in the off season. Its sad really; a good and very gutsy footballer finished before his time.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He would be worth a go in FG. You can almost disregard any form in the NSW cup as they do not have a real coach. Theres no enthusiasm there.
He went really good at Canberra and would go well with better players around him.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The number 7 in the 20,s is going ok and looks a great prospect
Guy Hamilton is certainly making his mark in u20 with his last two games being outstanding. He was signed with high hopes for his future in the game. I hope that his form continues and builds and we can keep him at the club. He will be ineligible for U 20 next year so will have to step up to NSW Cup

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we dont sign anyone and let hokko go id say well run with hokko/josh r with guy hamilton as our future saviour

Status
Not open for further replies.