Anyone feel this way ?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disbelief maybe a bit in denial but also just dissapointed .. back even 5 years ago we were still a powerful club, we won when we weren’t meant to, beat the best teams, and always had stand out players .. now we get beaten by the shittest of teams, and it seems since 2015 we’ve been in decline..

it’s hard but what annoys me is how can us fans see what the club needs while other clubs flourish.. since when do the sharks produce better players then us ? Next year is a massive year for us I think nothing short of bottom of 8 is a failure .. it’s just hard, I’m an optimistic fan always have been always will, but if make it a privilege to play for the bulldogs. If you don’t put in you are dropped. Which I applaud Barrett for with Flanagan.. but Elliot should go and so should katoa . Can’t keep your spot if you keep fucking up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Disbelief maybe a bit in denial but also just dissapointed .. back even 5 years ago we were still a powerful club, we won when we weren’t meant to, beat the best teams, and always had stand out players .. now we get beaten by the shittest of teams, and it seems since 2015 we’ve been in decline..

it’s hard but what annoys me is how can us fans see what the club needs while other clubs flourish.. since when do the sharks produce better players then us ? Next year is a massive year for us I think nothing short of bottom of 8 is a failure .. it’s just hard, I’m an optimistic fan always have been always will, but if make it a privilege to play for the bulldogs. If you don’t put in you are dropped. Which I applaud Barrett for with Flanagan.. but Elliot should go and so should katoa . Can’t keep your spot if you keep fucking up.
Definately. The excuse about working within the Top 30 has now finished and Baz will have to get creative to pick either the best performed 18 with some potential, or the most experienced mistake riddled.

In the meantime his coaching results and credibility suffers.

Majority of supporters are not fools.

No we don't see what happens on the training field, but near on any Bulldog fan can pick a better 18 and demand grubber kicks ingoal and dh use both sides of the field.

It is getting, not only diabolical, this inability to get simple basics coached but also now numbingly disheartening with many loosing interest in the team.

When you get lifelong fans giving up on the team, it says a lot and a change of current practices is in order.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Barrett always had to clean the club out. Some younger guys have really impressed and in next year or 2 we will see results. It’s hard! Once proud club a shambles. Barrett needs j Reynolds and ennis.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Barrett always had to clean the club out. Some younger guys have really impressed and in next year or 2 we will see results. It’s hard! Once proud club a shambles. Barrett needs j Reynolds and ennis.
No, TBAZ needed to make a play for Adam Reynolds, SJ or benji , needs to find a 9 too, but he will clean up, and as for how I’m feeling? Most of the above like others!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im lifelong fan, i havent given up - but there is so much that has been wrong with the club that started with the Des Dib Castle years, The Anderson Pay regime went for some quick fixes and got dudded.
Jun dev/ recruitment, quality recruitment, fitness skills coaching.

Just as an aside - Zac Saddler and Connely Leumelu were both at the dogs - they showed nothing ability wise however they now have completely different body shapes - both were wide n heavy looking when at the dogs.

Kelster

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree , it feels somewhat surreal when you look at the last 5 years performances. Trent and the new regime were always going to do it tough this year with the recruits ( excluding Cotric) being late signees and others throwaways. Next year we have quality players coming that have been identified and targeted as recruits. The results MUST improve as a result of these guys. We are still short a hooker and a quality edge , so think bottom of the top 8 is the ceiling unless we address these spots. TBaz will be under pressure by the end of next year (and should be) unless we are clearly on an upward trajectory

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Im lifelong fan, i havent given up - but there is so much that has been wrong with the club that started with the Des Dib Castle years, The Anderson Pay regime went for some quick fixes and got dudded.
Jun dev/ recruitment, quality recruitment, fitness skills coaching.

Just as an aside - Zac Saddler and Connely Leumelu were both at the dogs - they showed nothing ability wise however they now have completely different body shapes - both were wide n heavy looking when at the dogs.
Those guys never got a chance tho.
We were terrible then, and now, and the incumbents all underachievers, but promising guys didnt get any opportunities.

We are looking like a un-development club where you die on the vine.

We have churned so many players for no result its alarming really.

What other club has the Reserve Grade Player of the Year and he never gets a single fg game when we have a halves disaster in progress? Its not good enough.

How many other clubs are vying for the wooden spoon for 4 years and have players in their Top 30 who never get a fg game? Either the Top 30 choices are rubbish, and those who actually picked them, or the development of players with some sort of talent is disgraceful.

As bad as we are now, and as many injuries as we've had, we still have players in our Top 30 who havent got a game yet. That's mismanagement one way or another bc Top 30 is absolutely crucial.

Something is very wrong with our systems and that needs fixing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can handle losing... My biggest gripe has always been development, players like Cleeland, Cogger to name a couple never getting a fair shot in the top grade, which i put down to shit coaching. I'm hoping this changes next season as well after Barrett bottled the top 30 selections this year.