Opinion Any Interest In Pene ?

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I used to love a late night puttanesca......... ah how the times they change as the years move on.
hahaha yeah now, umong other things, they look and smell like puttanesca, but they're name is Bruce!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahaha yeah now, umong other things, they look and smell like puttanesca, but they're name is Bruce!
Wasn't puttanesca created by 2 sisters who used the smell to bring in "Johns" for their other business ? . . . Allegedly lol

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wasn't puttanesca created by 2 sisters who used the smell to bring in "Johns" for their other business ? . . . Allegedly lol
Maybe apparently allegedly many putanesca sisters but seriously many years ago I used to have to drag a menu around to explain and take orders. Was a whiteboard and when it got to Penne Putanesca, well lets just say not everyone had a positive reaction. Wasnt long before it was wiped off and replaced by what was our famous boscaiola. The secret is good pancetta and I wanna shoot the goose who started putting bloody bacon in it!!!!! And use some butter too :grinning:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe apparently allegedly many putanesca sisters but seriously many years ago I used to have to drag a menu around to explain and take orders. Was a whiteboard and when it got to Penne Putanesca, well lets just say not everyone had a positive reaction. Wasnt long before it was wiped off and replaced by what was our famous boscaiola. The secret is good pancetta and I wanna shoot the goose who started putting bloody bacon in it!!!!! And use some butter too :grinning:
Hey wtf ??the only thing better than bacon . . .is extra bacon !! :tearsofjoy:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maple bacon
Maple Bacon is the bomb mate, best place to get it is that cafe that’s right near Victoria Street Markets Melbourne … their big breakfast with thick hand cut maple bacon is the best, …