Opinion Any Interest In Pene ?

Dogieeeezzz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Strom don't let too many quality players go unless they have something better.
We don't want second rate do we?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
They let Max king go….A bit different he had lots of injuries with them and came good with us but still there is one. Will be interesting to see what happens. I think where there is smoke there is fire. If Gus wants him we will get him. He is Samoan from auburn. Could want to come home and may fit in well with the other Samoan lads like Critta. Could be a good get.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES I WOULD TAKE HIM and I think so would Gus as he fits his favorite 2 criteria - GOOD & CHEAP (the good part improves with the cheap part).
I believe he's a Canterbury Junior so doesn't fit a Gus criteria as we seen some juniors showed the door.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pene, Pene, who the fuck is Pene!!
AARON PENE

POSITIONProp
WEIGHT107 kg
HEIGHT190 cm (6' 3")
DATE OF BIRTH26/09/1995 (28 years old)
ELIGIBILITYSamoa
PLACE OF BIRTHAuburn, NSW

The Melbourne Storm could be set to lose another player one day after they agreed to a player swap with the Wests Tigers that saw them lose Justin Olam.

Love Rugby League has reported that Melbourne Storm forward Aaron Pene is being offered to several clubs overseas as the 2024 season approaches.

The publication understands that clubs in the Super League and RFL Championship are interested in his services and could end up with the London Broncos, Salford Red Devils, Warrington Wolves or big spenders Featherstone Rovers.

Off-contract at the end of this year, Pene has appeared in 32 NRL games to date, with eight of them occurring last season. In his second stint with the club after leaving for the New Zealand Warriors for one year in 2022, all of Pene's games came from the interchange bench.

At 28 years of age, he already had to contend with the likes of Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Christian Welch but will now have to fight for a position against recruit Shawn Blore and some talented younger players coming through the ranks.

If Pene departs the Storm, he will become the fifth player to leave from last season's roster, following in the footsteps of Tom Eisenhuth (St George Illawarra Dragons), Jayden Nikorima (Catalan Dragons), Justin Olam (Wests Tigers), and Tariq Sims (Catalan Dragons).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh but second tier at teams like storm or penrith are like 1st tier anywhere else.

Conversely if we let a player go and storm or penrith take them, we fucked up.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And just because I have a lifetime of history growing up as a spaghetti muncha

VERMECELL'E - every day of the week if I had my way (that is the very thin long spaghetti)
Sauce - Either Napolitana (tomato based, plain or ragout style ) Or Bianco (with olive oil) served with pan fried garlic prawns on top.
No puttanesca on the menu?

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about Kane Evans? He was released for compassionate grounds to come back to Australia. He's 32 and could be of use for a year or two.

Kane Evans…. Did you see how badly he played towards the end of his NRL career?

He was atrocious & it’s not surprising the SL clubs want nothing to do with him.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kane Evans…. Did you see how badly he played towards the end of his NRL career?

He was atrocious & it’s not surprising the SL clubs want nothing to do with him.
negative, he's another napa
Can't remember. Just thought as he has a big frame and is sydney born he could maybe get a late career bloom if he still has the drive.

Last edited:

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't remember. Just thought as he has a big frame and is sydney born he could made get a late career bloom if he still has the drive.
I have Evans in the same basket as Jordan Maclean and that Paseka guy from Manly. Big, impressive-looking human beings, but just don't have the aggro in them enough...