Any heard whether we are still trying to buy Matt King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything more about whether we are going to sign up Matt King.I really hope so!I think he is a tremendous player!Can't wait for 2009!After seeing the way the Broncos defended last night(until the last 46 seconds!)I think Ben Hannant and Mick Ennis with our other signings will bring a whole new attitude to our defence!Really glad to have Josh Morris with his height and I think he is a great defender!With him and maybe Matt King we should be able defuse most of those high bombs not to mention actually score some tries off kicks especially with Brett Kimmoreleys kicking game!Really looking forward to seeing how our new recruits go next year!GO THE DOGGIES IN 09!:grinning:

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Hopefully ****ing not. Garbage player would be a complete waste of money.
Give me a 3 game kid named idris over him any day.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
we dont need him = true

but he isnt a garbage player kimlo. He has proven himself on club, state and international levels

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
we dont need him = true

but he isnt a garbage player kimlo. He has proven himself on club, state and international levels
Well look not garbage, rather what i mean is for the 350k (cause I doubt dogs will get him cheaper) he really will be a huge waste of money.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He could be a good acquisition even if for only 1 or 2 years until our jnrs really hit their straps. If Patten is out again for long periods next year, we will need someone with his experience in the outside backs.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
He could be a good acquisition even if for only 1 or 2 years until our jnrs really hit their straps. If Patten is out again for long periods next year, we will need someone with his experience in the outside backs.
Do you honestly think it's worth paying for him when in all honestly the backrow looks pretty ordinary for next year?

Bulldogs need a backrower.

5/8

Loyal Royal Blue & White
Reaction score
we need depth,id rather see idris another year,then maybe bring amos roberts across for a wing position,id rather pickup richie fa.aaso and maybe wairangi koopu for now/09

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you honestly think it's worth paying for him when in all honestly the backrow looks pretty ordinary for next year?

No. The price tag is excessive imo and will get in the way of player retention in the future. Morris & Idris will do me as a centre partnership. Depth in the centres and backrow will pose a problem next year. Though we do have decent forwards coming through.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score

We have a bit of cash to throw around.Who would you rather buy!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't need Matt King.

We need a thick juicy forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.