Opinion Anthony Milford

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Gould can have a talk to George Williams. I read an article from 3 weeks ago where he said he would never say never to a NRL return. He still speaks to the Raiders players but not to Stuart or Furner.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Under every scenario possible I usually would say hell no but 2 factors lean me to a yes.

1. We have no half back or even a reserve grade quality one in waiting, not even a 3rd string for that matter. Every example we have used are useless!
2. For 150k or maybe 200k to trump Newie is a really cheap price for a player that has the ability to solve all of our issues. Even for 1 year or so.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just heard on SEN that Milford might get off on his court proceedings and there is an article about it on The Daily Telegraph apparently the Knights are in talks with him and may offer him a one year deal $150 000k should we take a chance and sign him and maybe partner him the the halves with Burton I know it won’t happen but I think he will be better then what we have anyone’s thoughts
No

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Under every scenario possible I usually would say hell no but 2 factors lean me to a yes.

1. We have no half back or even a reserve grade quality one in waiting, not even a 3rd string for that matter. Every example we have used are useless!
2. For 150k or maybe 200k to trump Newie is a really cheap price for a player that has the ability to solve all of our issues. Even for 1 year or so.
i think you are still under the influence grog dog after that post

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard on SEN that Milford might get off on his court proceedings and there is an article about it on The Daily Telegraph apparently the Knights are in talks with him and may offer him a one year deal $150 000k should we take a chance and sign him and maybe partner him the the halves with Burton I know it won’t happen but I think he will be better then what we have anyone’s thoughts
Yeh why not. He can join the other 5 halves we already have.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

If he’s signed with them and has sorted out living arrangements up that way, it’d take more than an extra $50K to trump Newie and get him to relocate to another city. I’d say closer to $300K might do it but who really knows.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way. He goes missing as often as Flanagan does. He's more talented than anyone aside from Burton but he's more inconsistent and frustrating than anyone on our roster. So we don't need more of those types of players. Not to mention he'd be another defensive liability in a team full of them..
Maybe a man with his future to play for us a dangerous player to have in your side. He’d be a threat and a mature head we need in the spine. We have zero big game experience in the spine. Apart from Burton playing in last years final series. But one final series is not much. We need an experienced game managing half.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
i think you are still under the influence grog dog after that post
Yep under the influence of a club that hopes our current fill-ins will somehow morph from an ugly duckling and buying more forwards will fix the problem.

Embarrassingly enough for these fill-ins Milford has done more then they ever will so 150k to improve a position we are dire in is a step forward, even for just this year.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t he more of a running number 6 (if anything now?)
Honestly just seems like a better version of Jake Av, but older, more baggage and with a bad attitude. So saying that, I’d even rather take Jake over him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would honestly just be a big gamble picking him up even on close to the minimum wage. He's the type of player I'd go for as a cheap back up that really had to prove his commitment if we had two firing halves. But if like now it's a situation where he felt like he's a good chance to make the top 17 with minimal effort, I'd give the spot to someone young and hungry first.

The only time he's seemed to expend effort was while he was making a name for himself.