Another Tbaz thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The guy has no idea and iv lost all confidence in him. We have no defensive discipline and our attacking structure is the most embarrassing shit ever dished up by a bulldogs team.

We've signed 2 additional forwards with terrible discipline and already have the worst playing for us. Mark my words, with him steering the ship, they won't improve in that area at all.

He is mates with the players and not a coaches asshole.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I said it as soon as I saw us during preseason but he got the system totally wrong and it has resulted in another wasted year. There's then numerous other areas we look to have totally gotten wrong, not even going to start on Ferris..

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said it as soon as I saw us during preseason but he got the system totally wrong and it has resulted in another wasted year. There's then numerous other areas we look to have totally gotten wrong, not even going to start on Ferris..
I tried to have faith in him and give him the benefit of the doubt, but we have regressed in every single area of the game

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will just refer to my original comments mid last year when they started talking about him being associated with our club. Nothing… has changed.

BazK

Waterboy
Reaction score
I tried to have faith in him and give him the benefit of the doubt, but we have regressed in every single area of the game
Cmon Flannigan turned the ball under to a forward amblimg through with nowhere to go at least a dozen times tonight. Obviously our great attacking coach has put a lot of time into that amazing tecnical attacking plan to lull them into a false sense of security before he pulls out the the old second man out the back that really confuses the defence he is a genius.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I'm officially on the sack Baz team.

**** has no idea how to coach a team.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like his recruiting for next season. That’s all I’ve got

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I like his recruiting for next season. That’s all I’ve got
Was it him or the money?

If it was him, he can stick to being our recruitment officer.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As bad as our squad was last year, in at least some respects our squad this season is even worse.

Of the players we lost at the end of 2020, out of 7 that played first team a reasonable amount, 5 of them are now playing consistently in the same position for other teams (Foran, Tolman, Sue, Montoya, R. Smith). As much as there was hate for them on here, Foran is clearly streets better than Flanagan, and Tolman's all around game is better than Hetherington, hell, he is keeping Hamlin-Uele and Fatfita on the bench. He is a much better more complete middle forward than people give him credit for, and he is easily better than Hetherington (fans who don't know the game see Hetho do one line break and think he is a first grader, his defense is woeful and he goes missing for chunks of the game). For all of the hate for Sue and Montoya, they have been valued by their new clubs, both of whom have done way better than us this season. Smith is benefiting from playing in a well established team. The other two of those seven are Cogger and Holland.

We've also seen almost zero of our best player of the 2020 season, RFM.

Not saying TBaz hasn't made plenty of tactical and strategic mistakes, he has. Problem is his margin for error with this squad is razor thin. He wants to build an established squad, which is the right thing to do. Unfortunately we are missing the players we lost last season more than most people thought we would, and the season has been hit by the massive disease called 6-againitis, making this about the worst time possible to be starting from the bottom in an attempt to build an established team with a nucleus that sticks together for the foreseeable future.

The best thing about TBaz is that he is ambitious. Pay was a safety first coach, which was a better match for the squad he had, and indeed for the squad TBaz has this season, but Pay is not going to get any team into top 4. We need TBaz to figure out how to mix his ambition for the team with the realities of what our squad can do in reality. If he can't do that in the next one and a half seasons, then Gus won't re-sign him.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We were really poor in many areas tonight. One of our worst performances. Ii

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We are really lacking leadership on the field. All the top teams have a minimum of 3 generals that do nothing other than implement the coach’s game plan with aggression. We have 0 leaders on the field. We need more fuck you type players that won’t give up.

I felt that today whatever game plan Barrett sent them out with they did the exact opposite. We looked very poorly coached and played like we did against Manly.

JK and co know what the problem is and they brought in Gus. So let’s fix it. If it’s barrett let us find someone else. If it’s the players let’s clean this garbage roster out once and for all. Fuck me.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We are really lacking leadership on the field. All the top teams have a minimum of 3 generals that do nothing other than implement the coach’s game plan with aggression. We have 0 leaders on the field. We need more fuck you type players that won’t give up.

I felt that today whatever game plan Barrett sent them out with they did the exact opposite. We looked very poorly coached and played like we did against Manly.

JK and co know what the problem is and they brought in Gus. So let’s fix it. If it’s barrett let us find someone else. If it’s the players let’s clean this garbage roster out once and for all. Fuck me.
Thommo Is our leader, he leads like the way Price, Bobcat and JJ USED to lead, by example.