Another Delayed Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Because it supposedly is a good lead into Nine News.

Which takes me to another point. If the game is to lead to Golden Point, you can actually tell well ahead because you'll notice there's 30min to go in the game, but it's only 5PM for example so they can fit the game in right up to 6PM on the dot. CH9 will also cut shitloads of the game as well to fit it in. Just disgusting to be honest.
absolutely, also you can tell when teams arent going to score

usually they go to break after a try, so when a team gets a scrum feed from an attacking position and goes to a break you can be sure that they didnt score because they would have taken the ad break 50 seconds later after the try

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
absolutely, also you can tell when teams arent going to score

usually they go to break after a try, so when a team gets a scrum feed from an attacking position and goes to a break you can be sure that they didnt score because they would have taken the ad break 50 seconds later after the try
Also some of the add breaks are stupidly long to be honest

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Also some of the add breaks are stupidly long to be honest
i usually rewind by 4 or 5 minutes looking at plays again and reviewing it and then fast forward the ads, but at least halftime is skipped

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the game is 2pm NZ time so its midday, we must wait 4 hours to see it
Holy crap, you're right. I thought it was 4PM NZ time and 2PM our time.

Well that does it for me, I'm going to find another way to watch this game. Anyone able to PM me recommended ways for me to watch game LIVE?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ch 9 and gyngel can munch on a big fat p€%#s!

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Might as well wait til 7 and watch it in HD on Fox, god I hate channel 9

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Holy crap, you're right. I thought it was 4PM NZ time and 2PM our time.

Well that does it for me, I'm going to find another way to watch this game. Anyone able to PM me recommended ways for me to watch game LIVE?
You know how to contact me lol

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it is dumb. Push start time to 4pm if you need to keep tv happy.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sunday games have been delayed since I can remember watching football, you would think that deal with channel 9 would of made things better but they stayed the same. We used to be able to watch both games on friday night as well the other one being on gem but they stopped that for some reason

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So what time does it start in Sydney? Because I'll be watching it live and not the channel 9 broadcast.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the fact that the AFL can show at least 3-4 live free to air games in Sydney every weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read that Channel 9 offered to show the Sunday games live if the NRL changed kick off time to 4pm but heard nothing since

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Hanging out till 4 is ok , watching it in SD and with the add's is a bit much , plus having to listen to Rabs promote the Voice etc gets a bit much , but what about our non NRL states - they have to wait even longer !

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also, the new NRL app does NOT allow you to watch Sunday games live.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I don't like the delayed games much. Here's how I think the draw should go:

2 Friday night games
Two Saturday day games, one Saturday night game.
Two Sunday day games, one Sunday afternoon (4PM) game.

Live:
One Friday night game, one Saturday day game, the Saturday night game, one Sunday day game, the Sunday night game

Delayed:
One Friday night game

Italic indicates being shown on Gem or GO! or something.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That time of the year again where I have to ask the question, why in 2014 are we still forced to watch 2 delayed games a week? There is no good excuse for why we key stakeholders in Australia can't watch a game LIVE, while nearly any other country in the world can do so.
Doesn't Channel 9's contractual agreement with the NRL still give them the clout to tell the NRL when their televised games plus the grand final can be played?

And I can tell you that the Channel 9 telecasts and comentary give me the sh1ts big time!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No professional sport in the world has to deal with delayed telecast.. no wonder channel 9 are in the state their in , their CEO can't even act mature.. the sooner another channel gets the rights, the more the nrl will flourish

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If its not live on tv then treat it like any other untelevised game. I just go to the local rsl or pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.