Another Backrower - Jirah Momoisea - outside top 30

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any detail on him could he be transitioned to Front Row?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/d0174412950e99bfb8f046c30dc116ed

Canterbury has added to its forward stocks by snaring a back-rower from Parramatta, with the Eels now setting their sights on a signing of their own.

Jirah Momoisea is expected to join the Bulldogs after he was granted an immediate release from Parramatta.
Momoisea, 25, only played three matches for the Eels last season after joining the club on a two-year deal from Newcastle.
Those matches all came in the opening three games of the season before he was relegated to NSW Cup. Before that he played eight games for Newcastle, all off the bench.
The back-rower is likely to join the Bulldogs on a second-tier contract with Canterbury’s top 30 already filled.
The Bulldogs added props Daniel Suluka-Fifita and Zane Tetevano in recent weeks. The Eels remain on the look-out for an outside back and have been linked with St George Illawarra’s Zac Lomax.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Forward stocks are pretty low in cup, flegg and even ball(with exception of Seve), will help with depth. I think we are really focusing on the lower grades making them as strong as possible get our players used to and expect to win. Hope that bleads into the nrl team.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit hard when our other recruits were either injured or have been injured. But not a bad signing. Atleast he has age on his side. With some hard work and who knows, could end up in nsw cup or a reserve in nrl.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forward stocks are pretty low in cup, flegg and even ball(with exception of Seve), will help with depth. I think we are really focusing on the lower grades making them as strong as possible get our players used to and expect to win. Hope that bleads into the nrl team.
If it means that at worst we churn out enough solid players to fill less important positions, it'll hopefully allow us to target or retain quality in more crucial positions.

I've honestly never heard of this guy. Hopefully he excels when given a run.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will help with depth, hope he comes to something, but clearly some issues with clubs regarding fitness Id assume. Most minutes he’s played is 36, and averages just 18 in his 11 games of first grade, all coming off the bench. Made 150 metres in that game though, more than our props can make in 60 minutes, so hopefully can become something decent. Still only 25, has time

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we are chasing NAS from Storm after hearing he could be on the outer. We can sign all these potential players as we like, but until we sign experienced intimidating forwards we look soft up front.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we are chasing NAS from Storm after hearing he could be on the outer. We can sign all these potential players as we like, but until we sign experienced intimidating forwards we look soft up front.
NAS and his manager just realised he’s getting paid peanuts when he could be earning serious coin given the lack of decent middles available - smart man

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He has only just turned 28, so it's not like he is 30+ and past it. Plenty of years left.

I get the feeling that there is something going on here that we don't know about, he only signed a 4 year contract last season, until 2027 with 2028 as a Mutual Option. What's changed? Did he sign for unders, big unders and now he is kicking stones?

Interestingly NAS sold his house in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He has only just turned 28, so it's not like he is 30+ and past it. Plenty of years left.

I get the feeling that there is something going on here that we don't know about, he only signed a 4 year contract last season, until 2027 with 2028 as a Mutual Option. What's changed? Did he sign for unders, big unders and now he is kicking stones?

Always a Bulldog
Probs from what I remember contract was around the 700K mark, if you can believe what they write about this stuff. Could easily have gotten 1mil plus by leaving, that probs what he is thinking. He may not be able to get that sort of contract in 27/28 when he is 31/32 so he wants out. Even though media makes this stuff up all the time, could be something here as he has shortchanged himself possibly 300-500K a season. Player swap for Skelton might get it done. imagine if we get NAS and Booth comes good. All of a sudden our small forwards are really valuable to clean up around the ruck and our forward issues are solved.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Probs from what I remember contract was around the 700K mark, if you can believe what they write about this stuff. Could easily have gotten 1mil plus by leaving, that probs what he is thinking. He may not be able to get that sort of contract in 27/28 when he is 31/32 so he wants out. Even though media makes this stuff up all the time, could be something here as he has shortchanged himself possibly 300-500K a season. Player swap for Skelton might get it done. imagine if we get NAS and Booth comes good. All of a sudden our small forwards are really valuable to clean up around the ruck and our forward issues are solved.
NRL Rich List
1710724186926.png