Anonymous declares war on Facebook on Nov 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
watch:
[video=youtube;Q6crH8qmyZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6crH8qmyZ8[/video]

This should be interesting. Everyone has become reliant on facebook for a sh*tload of things and i hope they shake things up.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just imagining the fat, pimply and oily 14 year old behind the question mark and gay robot voice. LOL

This is what happens when you smack your children.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm just imagining the fat, pimply and oily 14 year old behind the question mark and gay robot voice. LOL

This is what happens when you smack your children.
uhhh you do realise that voice is a computer generated voice.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"face book has been selling information to the government agencies and giving
clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on
people from all around the world"
wouldnt suprise me lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Most of them are nothing more than teenagers or adults acting like kids.

They wouldn't know a hack attempt if it hit them in the face like a baseball bat.

Also Anonymous (per se) is not supporting this, only a select few members. Was released as a statement by "anon" a few days after that video came out. Apparently a few idiots gone rogue who want to do it.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I dont see this going away ... the beauty of Anonymous is it's everyone and no-one.
Cut the head off, and another grows in it's place.

Now that this has started, even if the original creator of that clip decides to pull-out, metaphorically speaking millions of Lemmings worldwide will still walk off the cliff.

There's still 2 months til the date - This means Facebook will be forced to respond (ie: prepare) and I imagine we'll see heaps of Facebook spokespeople in the coming weeks proclaim their innocence and/or an upcoming review of policies. Media will have a field day because by and large they dont 'get' Anonymous.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score

They wouldn't know a hack attempt if it hit them in the face like a baseball bat.

Also Anonymous (per se) is not supporting this, only a select few members. Was released as a statement by "anon" a few days after that video came out. Apparently a few idiots gone rogue who want to do it.
LOL - Just saw this after I posted .... can you find me a link to anything that responds against the video from Anonymous ?

Curious to know more ... :thumb:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Can you provide me with the relevant statistics which back up the claims ''Most of them are nothing more than teenagers or adults acting like kids.

''

Thank you.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have a bit to do with IT security in my day to day job.
FWIW I doubt anybody could take out Facebook given the firepower they are running. A new custom built server farm and data centre was opened recently by them (one of two data centres they own).

Not to mention their intrusion prevention devices they run inhouse are the best in the business.

Any attempt to DDOS Facebook would be swiftly dealt with, with instantly dropped packets within milliseconds of a packetstorm/botnet attempt.

LOL - Just saw this after I posted .... can you find me a link to anything that responds against the video from Anonymous ?

Curious to know more ... :thumb:
Sure thing!

https://twitter.com/#!/anonops/status/101194056008351744

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/8696390/Anonymous-hackers-disown-Facebook-plot.html

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I have a bit to do with IT security in my day to day job.
FWIW I doubt anybody could take out Facebook given the firepower they are running. A new custom built server farm and data centre was opened recently by them (one of two data centres they own).

Not to mention their intrusion prevention devices they run inhouse are the best in the business.

Any attempt to DDOS Facebook would be swiftly dealt with, with instantly dropped packets within milliseconds of a packetstorm/botnet attempt.

Sure thing!

https://twitter.com/#!/anonops/status/101194056008351744

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/8696390/Anonymous-hackers-disown-Facebook-plot.html
yeah and Sony, FBI etc thought they were also secure.

It would be anything but a DOS attack.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Well looks like I'll be productive at work that day.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score

"most". However i'd like to believe that there is a huge chunk that do know how to hack. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people involved in anon are I.T geeks themselves, working for I.T companies and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.