Opinion Announcements?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Jizz fest over Potter needs to stop. Don’t get me wrong, blokes done a wonderful job getting us playing attractive footy. But what winds premierships? Defence. Our defence is shit under potter. I get fitness attributes to that and there’s nothing he can do about it. But also look at the weekends game. We were gassed and he had Patolo playing 10 mins and ZDK playing 8 minutes. Shocking use of the bench cost us a chance at winning that game.

Ciraldo may be unproven. But he’ll bring a solid defence system, and ensure Burton re-signs. He will also attract players.

Potter has done a wonderful job and I’d love him to stick around as an assistant. But if he wants to be a head coach. It won’t be here.
100%

I'm hesitant to give Potter the lion's share of praise regarding our attack too. Sure, he's "taken the shackles off" and he's installed confidence in the playing group but our try scoring is rarely from shape and movement and more off the personal brilliance and vision of Burton, Averillo, Fox and to be fair, JMK.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Great idea. Wait till we're playing the best attacking football for 10 years then sack that caretaker coach that brought it about for a defensive coach. I fail to see exactly why Gould is God in this. He has liked Ciraldo for years, so what. He sacked Hook for Ciraldo then Penrith Board went behind Goulds back and signed Cleary. If Ciraldo was any good, the Penrith Board would of confirmed him as Head Coach.
So Potter was next man up here, Gould as clearly evidenced by his body language doesn't think much of Potter, and is having to death ride him till seasons end, hoping we lose a few more games, the lustre of Potter wears off, and he can anoint Ciraldo.
If I was a Dogs Board member and I have liked what I've seen at training and the smiles on the players faces on matchday, I'd want more of that Potter magic and I'd be negotiating a 2 year extension with Potts right now. No need to wait for Gould. The Dogs have their man and his name is Michael Potter.
I want Ciraldo but if the club came out today and announced Potter as head coach moving forward I’d be okay with that too. I love how the boys have responded to him.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
I think the coach has been signed, Gus always swings towards the media’s assurance, but he intends to shock everyone.
I will never leave out Shane Flanagan just yet. It’s seems Shane has calm down a bit.
Will just have to see the outcome. I’m not convinced Cameron Ciraldo is a done deal.
Your thinking Flanagan will inject himself back in the conversation for head coaching job?

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Jizz fest over Potter needs to stop. Don’t get me wrong, blokes done a wonderful job getting us playing attractive footy. But what winds premierships? Defence. Our defence is shit under potter. I get fitness attributes to that and there’s nothing he can do about it. But also look at the weekends game. We were gassed and he had Patolo playing 10 mins and ZDK playing 8 minutes. Shocking use of the bench cost us a chance at winning that game.

Ciraldo may be unproven. But he’ll bring a solid defence system, and ensure Burton re-signs. He will also attract players.

Potter has done a wonderful job and I’d love him to stick around as an assistant. But if he wants to be a head coach. It won’t be here.
Well said mate Potter has done a great result but some people don't get what Ciraldo will bring he has been chased by 6 clubs. Burton now a big chance to stay as he commentated how well Ciraldo is as a coach when he was at Penrith. Plus Ciraldo will attract more players under him.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your thinking Flanagan will inject himself back in the conversation for head coaching job?
Nah champ I just feel that Gus is playing with the media to assume Cirlado is a done deal. It’s a hard one. I’m all in for Shane Flanagan, he made the sharks into a power house. Ciraldo is the obvious one, but Gus came out saying he wants a premiership winning coach. Paul Green hasn’t been spoken about. I feel it’s a 360 on this one. A surprise shock!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gus came out saying he wants a premiership winning coach.
No he didn’t.
He said it’s a job for an ‘experienced’ coach, so that doesn’t mean Flanagan or Green automatically qualify.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No he didn’t.
He said it’s a job for an ‘experienced’ coach, so that doesn’t mean Flanagan or Green automatically qualify.
Please NOT Flanno, not ever.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great idea. Wait till we're playing the best attacking football for 10 years then sack that caretaker coach that brought it about for a defensive coach. I fail to see exactly why Gould is God in this. He has liked Ciraldo for years, so what. He sacked Hook for Ciraldo then Penrith Board went behind Goulds back and signed Cleary. If Ciraldo was any good, the Penrith Board would of confirmed him as Head Coach.
So Potter was next man up here, Gould as clearly evidenced by his body language doesn't think much of Potter, and is having to death ride him till seasons end, hoping we lose a few more games, the lustre of Potter wears off, and he can anoint Ciraldo.
If I was a Dogs Board member and I have liked what I've seen at training and the smiles on the players faces on matchday, I'd want more of that Potter magic and I'd be negotiating a 2 year extension with Potts right now. No need to wait for Gould. The Dogs have their man and his name is Michael Potter.
Lol what a crock of shit

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The rumours doing the rounds is that Ciraldo has already signed the contract and Gus and him are waiting for the best time to announce. On Potter I have no idea, would be good for him to stay around, i'm sure Gus will be in Ciraldo ear making suggestions considering it will be his first head coaching gig. Warburton said a week ago he hoped it would be announced in next two weeks. So one week to go on that timeline.
Just asking where did Warburton say he hoped it would be announced in 2 weeks?

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he doesn’t want an assistant role and Gus is really set on Ciraldo for head coach guess he may be gone. Personally not having Potter around and resetting the player to coach relationship by introducing a new figure isn’t the best idea considering what we’ve built. It’s tough if he doesn’t want to stay he is one hell of a coach to do what his done in a side that has played years of shite footy is phenomenal. Ciraldo with Potter assistant is our best bet tbh but Potter surely would take a head coach roll elsewhere over an assistant role here .
Not only that but Ciraldo will want to choose his own assistants. I can’t see him choosing Potter as his assistant.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anybody in the know have a clue when we will hear more about the new signings of Davey and Pele, the announcement of Ciraldo? Burton re-signing? Feel like I wake up each day waiting for this news but still nothing! Im very impatient lol
Chill out mate. Fittler will be announced as coach in due course.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anybody in the know have a clue when we will hear more about the new signings of Davey and Pele, the announcement of Ciraldo? Burton re-signing? Feel like I wake up each day waiting for this news but still nothing! Im very impatient lol
It's like waiting for your Christmas prezzies . . .Are Mahoney and Kikau even official yet?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its Ciraldo, Gus probably trying to avoid the same media circus of the Barrett signing and affect on Pennies....he cherishes his legacy at that club.

We'll know whenever \_(ツ)_/¯
agree with the penriff sentiment, gus still puddles over them. i’d say either when the panfers are knocked out of the finals or after they win the grand final. gus won’t want to bring up distractions for that team (even though it’s public knowledge)