Andrew Voss is a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is an article from the NRL website.

Should the NRL remain a game of two halves?

No. I would like some serious discussion around the prospect of four-quarter football.
And yes, the move is television motivated, but I believe there are other benefits for the code.
Obviously with four quarters there is scope for more full-length ad breaks during a telecast and thus more advertising dollars.
The way I see it come 2018, Channel Nine, to maximise commercial revenue, will want to have two ad breaks leading into kick-off on Thursday and Friday night football. Good luck with a game starting much before 8pm.
But I believe that four quarters may also enhance the game-day experience for fans getting to the matches. And growth in crowds has to be a major concern with such an attractive television product being churned out.
There is obviously a greater outlet for entertainment other than the game.
Ask any parent with young kids how tough it is to sit through an entire 40 minutes without interruption. Ask league fans without children how hard it can be in a crowd to get served food and drinks and make it back to your seat in one half-time break.
Leave the teams in huddles with the coaches on ground at first and three-quarter time just like in the AFL. That's great theatre.
With four quarters, let's reduce the interchange to six.
Opponents to such a big change will argue two more breaks is an 'attack' on the fabric of the game. Well, with the referee's bunker to be introduced we are told we will be getting time back from shorter video referee referrals.
And for those who remember fondly the old midweek competition, I believe the four quarters aspect was one of the highlights.
I vote yes for four-quarter football.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like Voss but lol @ 4 quarter footy.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its funny how people dont want league to be its own game and want to change it to resemble other codes. Also didn't vossy get fired from channel 9? is he trying to suck up to them to get a new job?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its funny how people dont want league to be its own game and want to change it to resemble other codes. Also didn't vossy get fired from channel 9? is he trying to suck up to them to get a new job?
Hadley got him fired over a comment about Ray Warren statue he made, he said it didn't look like him or something and Hadley went all out to get him fired so he could replace him lol

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually don't mind Voss's opinions and thoughts I reckon he is one of the better Commentators out there, But 4 quarters? Really Vossy? lol

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I don't mind it. Def worth exploring

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hadley got him fired over a comment about Ray Warren statue he made, he said it didn't look like him or something and Hadley went all out to get him fired so he could replace him lol
Yes, but anyone who can piss off Hadley is a quality bloke in my book.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i like Vossy more than Hadley...
but not into this 4 quarter crap...havent we had enough changes to this game?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not Voss' idea.

Greenberg talked about this in the off season, he likes to copy other sports because he has no original ideas. I've got no doubt he will try and push for this change.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty soon the NRL will stand for No Rugby League, as they'll have destroyed the game with stupid bloody ideas.

Amazing that the game first started it's origins in Australia in 1907. Since then, through everything, all the way up to (say) 2010 the game was fine.

Yet in only a few years this current administration have completely destroyed what over 100 years has been a fine game.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I really hate it even as an all star trial. Game goes too fast to break it into quarters

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
They want to speed up the game and now talking about 4 quarters lol why not just play net ball

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
nah, that would suck

although i would hate it less if it meant they clock stopped every time the ball goes out

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Err, no Peg.

This idea blows goats.

That's about all I have to say on the matter.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Love Vossy.

This isn't this idea and I hope this never happens

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not Voss' idea.

Greenberg talked about this in the off season, he likes to copy other sports because he has no original ideas. I've got no doubt he will try and push for this change.
Thanks to greenshit our club is still hasn't won anything!!

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
More breaks in game play aren't needed.

"But I believe that four quarters may also enhance the game-day experience for fans getting to the matches." How so? by slowing it down, and having longer periods with no action? ..... come on Voss, the NRL don't have half time entertainment at grounds and you think giving more breaks will make that happen? It would do nothing to improve the attraction of seeing games live, and the broadcast partner doesn't need more ways to play adds, they play plenty already.

Status
Not open for further replies.