Andrew Fifita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seeing NSW smash QLD in the absence of a halfback shows that a game can be won without a good kicker .

Its made me reevaluate our team and how I feel about Des.

Don't worry Des has still got a long way to go in my eyes for his stupid player retention decisions but you can't deny that a strong forward pack is indeed a plausible game plan

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seeing NSW smash QLD in the absence of a halfback shows that a game can be won without a good kicker .

Don't worry Des has still got a long way to go in my eyes for his stupid player retention decisions but you can't deny that a strong forward pack is indeed a plausible game plan
????? Maloney and Pearce both very experienced players with good kicking games...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pearce's 5th tackle options were poor the only good thing he did was backup for a try. He was our weakest link till he got knocked out.

The forwards were awesome

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
fifita was epic and the rest of the blues pack where awesome,but jarred hayne is a deadset fucktard,titans supporters must be pretty pissed off after watching that game considering he has done fucking nothing at club level since he has been there!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
????? Maloney and Pearce both very experienced players with good kicking games...
Our points came from the forward pack breaking the line not the halves kicking game .

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woods was awesome but will des let him play that offload game. I think not. Jim Dymock should be our coach next year if we want to score points.
Saying that Jim Dymock should be our coach if we want to score points is an interesting statement. And funnily enough I agree with it.

Jim was a Bulldog 1993 to 1995 and was a gun lock forward. Some time last season I watched and old Bulldogs vs Someone game with Jim as our lock, and even back then Jim threw a neat little pass (now called an offload) close to the line that always produced a try plus he had a good shrt kicking game.

So in reality, the type of football Jim Dymock played then would suit today's game very well.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still laugh at the reaction on here when we signed him. Why do we need another prop? We have Graham & Tolman haha
Still the same reaction when we signed another good Australian and NSW prop. I am happy that we got Woods.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Determined fucker, can we still chase him?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pearce's 5th tackle options were poor the only good thing he did was backup for a try. He was our weakest link till he got knocked out.

The forwards were awesome
What about when he decided to run twice on the 5th and it resulted in two tries?... He had 2 poor kicks all game and the rest were okay-good. Definitely not a poor game or a poor kicking game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lolwut. Teddy was very good, but Fifita was easily best on field.
Heaps of my Rooster mate were saying "how wasnt teddy man of the match" i was like relax ***** hes still a Tiger XD

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The guy is a beast! Looking back at the contract saga when we signed him, i kinda wish we just went through with it and had at him at the club. $850k for him at the time compared to the top dollar some our underperforming pack is on, looks bloody good now. He is the modern games frontrower. Big, strong, mobile and hard to contain and has that dangerous offload. Our forwards should have a hard look at themselves barr Jacko and Klem.
He was a plodder at the time FFS. There's no way we should sign anyone for the amount of money he was after. We learnt that from Williams.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree but the halves still need to be 1st to get the ball. Not our frontrowers who think they should be the halfback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
fifita was epic and the rest of the blues pack where awesome,but jarred hayne is a deadset fucktard,titans supporters must be pretty pissed off after watching that game considering he has done fucking nothing at club level since he has been there!
Hayne's only come back from injury in the past couple of weeks so it's not surprising he is getting better with every run. That plus he had Cordner and BMoz working with him - a bit higher quality than Don and some other nupty at the Titans. Hayne's always been a big game player. 2009 proved that.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fifita was a deadset head case when the Bulldogs were about to clinch the deal with him. From memory there was the Bulldogs contract, the NRL contract and a 3rd Party contract. Fifita didn't get the sums right, said that we were ripping him off and chucked a super wobbly about his heart still being at Cronulla but still wishing he had signed a contract with the Wallabies.

So... with Fifita's heart at Cronulla and his head up his arse his signature was a good one not to have on a Bulldogs contract.

Its true that on field he can do some incredible things but if he did come to the Bulldogs all I can see is that "Life with Des" would have turned him into Kasiano Mk2

Here's equation no.1: Kasiano Mk1 + Kasiano Mk2 + Eastwood = 1 Monumental Fuck Up.

Here's equation no.2: Aaron Woods + None of Above = 1 go hard for 80 mins front rower.

So with Woods in and Kasiano and Eastwood out we have got a real good deal.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was a plodder at the time FFS. There's no way we should sign anyone for the amount of money he was after. We learnt that from Williams.
Haha seriously? A plodder? C'mon buddy. He was just hitting his peak and was being touted as the next best thing since haloumi when we tried to get him. Why would we offer a plodder $850k at that time bro? I can't say that under Des he would be this good, im just saying in hindsight it would've been a great buy considering his current form and the value of a geniune game changing prop.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2013 was his break out year. Scored 9 tries, Made origin, played for Australia and got dally m prop of the year

The dogs 'signed' him at the start of 2014

Hardly a plodder

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
didn't wests let him go as well? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.