Andrew Davey joins Parramatta Eels from Bulldogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He's off our Cap for not just this year but next year as well, Paramatta had a Top 30 spot available and they have a couple of back rowers off contract this year. Maybe they made us an offer too good to refuse and I think Preston's rise put an end to Davey's thoughts about a permanent NRL spot with us.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
These are not all bad decisions by Gus. Crichton is a gamble but Gus and CC know his ability a bit more than you and I. Not a stupid signing. I agree Kikau was not what we needed but at his best he offers a lot. Your JMK argument is yours alone on an island. No one with any football knowledge thinks JMK is comparable to Reed. Oloapu will be fkn great for us, Broncos released Reece Walsh too remember. Try and be a little less emotional and look at things without your angry hat on bro.
I am far from on an island thinking JMK is a top emerging talent. many commentators in the game have identified him as one of the most rapidly improving and best emerging hookers in the game. Reed's game has always had limitations which will prevent him from ever truly being elite. he is a good hooker at best, and a hindrance at worst. Trust me, I will be proven right when it comes to JMK. He is already playing much better footy than Reed this year and will continue to improve under Bennett. Reed is overrated and JMK is underrated, but neither will remain the case for long.

Oloapu could prove to be a superstar, or he could prove to be another next best thing that didn't make it. I hope he proves to be the former, but you guys are putting way too much pressure and expectation on him. Even if he is a superstar level talent, he is young and going to need the right people around him to get the best out of him.

You said it, Crichton is a gamble. You don't want to be taking such a huge gamble with such an important spine position. It will end in tears, I reckon.

Yes, Kikau has a lot of talent and things he can offer us, but none of those things are what we need most.

Signing Ciraldo for a mammoth five years is another decision which seriously left me scratching my head.... five years for a coach who is completely untested and unproven as a first grade head coach? Seriously?

I'm not wearing an "angry hat", fam. I'm just far from convinced about the direction the club seems to he heading in. Like everyone else, I am sick of us missing the finals year after year and two years into Ciraldo's tenure, we're still going to be short a halfback and taking a massive gamble in terms of our fullback. Assuming Crichton gets named at fullback. I suppose we will have to play him there with Alamoti doing so well and Xerri coming.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is working to a plan, don’t see it for what it is on the surface.
I can’t believe the dumb ***** that don’t trust Gus. They’re good for a laugh at least.

Yes, this is a strange one, losing another forwar, especially after the news that King is out for a month, but Gus is always 2 steps ahead, thinking of long term success. If it was beneficial for both parties, he’d let Davey walk. I doubt he or the club would let anyone go they wanted. They’ll either promote Edwards, Morrin, Hughes and Kautoga, or have a prop lined up.

All you have to do is look at the deadwood Gus has saved us from paying. Cotric? God what a terrible contract that turned out to be! Is he even in first grade anymore? LOL. It was worth paying some of his contract to release him. Stimson and Schoupp have really been lighting it up for GC too. NOT. I’m sure I’m forgetting some.. oh yeah Naden, can be very good on his day but they are few and far between. Vaughan is one we should have kept but if he wanted too much $, letting him go was understandable.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would really like to know what the plan is here…… really frustrating time as a supporter with all our injuries in particular injured forwards and now we are releasing a forward!

I’m sick of being the laughing stock lucky. Luck the west tigers are in the comp!

can’t believe we are writing off another year !!!
Yeah, 8 weeks in and gone already. The Boys from the 80 - 90's will be shaking their heads like me.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised unless there is a replacement coming shortly but Gus said there isn’t.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Somewhat intriguing move, so my main interest is to see what comes of it. Seems like an opportunity for an upgrade.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy to trust Gus. He said at the start of the year it wasn’t going to be pretty and it was a trip down the mines for the coach, coach wanted to come in and deal with the battle early. Seems like they both told the truth.
love It all so far, I’d be content so far if we had better ball control and giving away less penalties each game but we’ve had a horrible run with injuries. But in saying that I can see small improvements. We are slowly looking like a team that could have won a few of those games. Last yr was totally different this time. We didn’t look like scoring.
see what happens I guess but still rolling with the punches.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This could all be a domino effect from Rabbits signing Wighton as well.

They're a stacked side that somehow were able to pull $800k a season together for him. I think a few blokes in the side were probably given permission to look elsewhere and we as a club are just keeping all options and doors open.

Imagine being able to nab someone like Koloamatangi.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This could all be a domino effect from Rabbits signing Wighton as well.

They're a stacked side that somehow were able to pull $800k a season together for him. I think a few blokes in the side were probably given permission to look elsewhere and we as a club are just keeping all options and doors open.

Imagine being able to nab someone like Koloamatangi.
Nah rabbits apparently aren’t signing Liam knight now they signed wighton