And the Cowboys Captains are....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
http://www.cowboys.com.au

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys announced today that the clubs most successful Captain Travis Norton had been reappointed to head the team for Season 2006.

It was also announced that 2005 Dally M Award winner Johnathan Thurston would take the position of Vice Captain vacated by Paul Rauhihi who is now playing in the United Kingdom.

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys Board has accepted these recommendations made by Coach Graham Murray.

"Travis Norton will Captain the side as he has done for the past couple of years but due to the fact that he will not be on the field all of the time, it is important that everyone including players and officials understand that Johnathan Thurston will fill that role". "Both players have great leadership qualities and will direct the team well both on and off the field", Coach Graham Murray said.

Tony_the_beat

Bulldogs 08
Reaction score
hahaha mel, i knew you would post something like this up

goodluck to the former bulldogs boys, its so good to see them doing well in other clubs :D

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No Surprises there. Its a sign of how good the bulldogs are that we can have 2 players leave our team who are now captain and vice captain of the runners up of the previous year.

I always likened Travis Norton to Grimaldi although Norton offers more in attack perhaps....but still their tireless defense was similar.

NrlChick

Kennel Established
Reaction score
megan_maitua said:
hahaha mel, i knew you would post something like this up

goodluck to the former bulldogs boys, its so good to see them doing well in other clubs :D

Haha i had to say it... nah i think they'll both do a great job. :grinning:

Tony_the_beat

Bulldogs 08
Reaction score
NrlChick said:

Haha i had to say it... nah i think they'll both do a great job. :grinning:
lol, agreed champ. love watching them kick butt, but not against the dogs :p

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yeah good luck to them, would be great to see the cowboys go one step further this year (if the broncos arnt there of coarse)

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
This will be great for JT. him being vice captain will give him more respnsibility and all. and that good to see Travis retain the captaincy

NrlChick

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was the same situation last year too. Rauhihi stepped as captain when Norton wasnt playing.
:grinning:

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
He was pretty loyal to the cowboys in his time up there

Still cant forget that he did play for the bulldogs before it just seems along time now since he's played with them.

Good Luck to him in the English Super League with Warrington Wolves

NrlChick

Kennel Established
Reaction score
megan_maitua said:
lol you've got the banner up i see,, goodluck to rauhihi as well!!
You just Had to mention him ay :p

NrlChick

Kennel Established
Reaction score
MIKE said:
He was pretty loyal to the cowboys in his time up there

Still cant forget that he did play for the bulldogs before it just seems along time now since he's played with them.

Good Luck to him in the English Super League with Warrington Wolves

Yeah he was loyal... sad to see him go but these things happen.
:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.