Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ogre on defensive
Jason Avedissian

21Jun07

Mark `Ogre' O'Meley has a huge wrap on Manly's defence going into tomorrow night's game.
BULLDOGS prop Mark O'Meley has paid the Sea Eagles the ultimate compliment ahead of tomorrow night's round 15 NRL clash at Brookvale Oval.

The Roosters-bound front-rower believes Manly's no-frills approach is reminiscent of the Bulldogs 2004 premiership winning form.

The former NSW and Australian forward also fears another loss for the under-pressure Bulldogs tomorrow night will see them spiral out of the finals equation.

``It's (Manly's game) a boring style of football, but that's how we had success for years,'' O'Meley told The Manly Daily last night.

``It's boring because it's pressure football.

``They will work for 80 minutes and wear teams down.

``Their defence is awesome.

``They are not as creative with the ball as Melbourne, but their defence is winning them games.

``We used to be like that.''

O'Meley believes the Bulldogs, currently 13th and seemingly spinning out of control with off-field issues derailing the club, must start winning or face a September-less year.

``If we don't start winning some games we'll be out of the eight and struggling to make the finals,'' the 26-year-old said.

``We've got one of the best packs on paper, but we haven't been performing each week like the Manly pack.

``They are performing and have got players coming back like Beaver (Steve Menzies) who has hardly played this year.

``We know we have to start winning . . . it's easier said than done.''

Manly coach Des Hasler said the Bulldogs will be a tricky equation for the equal competition leaders tomorrow night.

``I expect them to be hard, especially coming off a few losses,'' Hasler said.

``They have been copping some bad press and they are a dangerous side when they are getting hammered from all directions.

``But we've got plenty of reasons to win as well.''

Manly have beaten the Bulldogs four of their past five outings and will be looking to make it 11 on the trot at Brookvale tomorrow night.

from: http://www.manlydaily.com.au/article/2007/06/21/5106_sports.html

-----

why can't we just do our talking on the field like manly do. I haven't seen their players come out once this year saying anything...no matter if we're complimenting the opposition or not, just stop worrying about talking and start worrying about playing.

i'm also sick of this "best forward pack on paper" crap. Thats not what the piece of paper containing the NRL ladder says.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
hopefully they can go out firing on friday, its good to see though that they wont be taking Manly easily, we will have to wait and see until tomorrow i guess.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I didn't read Mark talking it up on that article...

If the player's don't do interviews they will cop it more from the media.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Be kind on Mark. He's slowly developing his literacy skills. Practising reading, writing and speaking is essential to his education. Even though what he says is crap!

buster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
O'meley - maybe if you pull your finger out.........we could win a few games

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matty said:
why can't we just do our talking on the field like manly do. I haven't seen their players come out once this year saying anything...no matter if we're complimenting the opposition or not, just stop worrying about talking and start worrying about playing.
Maybe they do but arnt given the airtime we do? Nobody wants to hear about a dominating team saying we have "plenty of reasons to win" lol..
BUT i couldnt possibly agree with you more! If i hear another Bulldog giving their 2cents about every facet of the game agian, this year i reckon ill throw up!
*gets bucket ready*

O'meley - maybe if you pull your finger out.........we could win a few games
Well said

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
i stopped reading as soon as it said "Ogre on defensive"

riomhach

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The players can't win with people can they. Perhaps it could be a simple case of the media only wanting to speak to the Dog's because of 1. our profile 2. our unfortunate off-field publicity.

It's not only the players fault at talking up games (if in fact they do ?), it could very well be the reporters asking questions and the playing having to provide an answer.

give the boys a break, then they might win for you.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
STFU Omeley & play with some passion & pride this week cause you have being a big let down this year

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
skimmed through it.

O'Meley is one of our biggest under achievers this year he needs to STFU and HTFU!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Willie Mason on Manly:

"Manly cant play a full 80minutes"

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
"If we don't start winning some games we'll be out of the eight and struggling to make the finals,''

We are ****ing out of the 8 and are struggling to make the finals, lol stop talking about it just ****ing win.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i said last week that i know they are probably just answering questions, but just f*** the media who cares. This is the 2nd time in as many weeks an article exactly like this has been written, and it didn't work last week either. Media ban the whole team till we're actually in the top 8 please folkesy.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and pleaseeee ogre...do sum damage in this game..been pretty ordinary.

he honeslty, is not worth the money he's being signed for, i dont think :confused:

PROVE ME WRONG DUDE!

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

maybe o meley should start doing what he is paid to do this year at the bulldogs instead of saving himself for the roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.