Alternate theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok, so hear me out....I always laugh when someone starts out like that.

Are we witnessing an unspoken war between players and club? After seeing Des pick Stanley again at halfback the prick is either insane and/or intentionally up to something?

We are now fairly certain if reports are correct that we are heavily over the salary cap for next year so we need to shed players BUT from what I can tell know one is leaving and read something the other day that some players are being told to leave or play reserve grade...to that I further heard that some players said, "ok I will play reserve grade then".

Did the Club intentionally get rid of Reynolds because his loss would hurt the playing group (heart & soul) the most and then hopefully (club's hopes) players would want to leave the club...therefor alleviating the cap troubles for next year and saving their arses for poor contract prices? Des has apparently done backended deals again (which I thought was banned) and those players are about to be paid way more than their worth. Further to that is Des intentionally picking shite teams to further bring disharmony to the playing group.

Let's all admit now, there is no way in hell any player would enjoy or embrace this gameplan of Des's....it sucks and there is no fun involved for anyone. In response to that are the players throwing matches to place pressure on Des? We have seen Des pretty much not pick the strongest team we can field ever since round 1 this year and now we see Stanley as a halfback and Frawley sitting on the bench for 80 minutes. Is Graham deliberately and passionately saying on commentary that Des is the ducks nuts so the players "look" like they are doing everything they can to win....and why he always say, "I don't know what's wrong"?

One last point, should the NRL be starting to ask questions of our club in regards to what could be perceived as deliberately not selecting the most competitive team we can for our matches???

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying you are wrong. But my thought is this , Des Hasler has Been given the tap on the shoulder and told he's gone next season, so I think he is just doing what ever he sees fit, gets a pay out and just rebelling against the fans and the Bulldogs themselves, seriously the fact you have a great half in reserves and a half like Frawley and you choose this chase Stanley over them? Seriously taking the piss, the guy really is a pole smoker

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If anything if reports are true... we are over the cap, Woods is digging his heels in, and maybe... just maybe... the club doesn't have cap space for Foran anymore.

Enter Chase Stanley in the halves.

That said St George have played Chase in halves before so this isn't a Des exclusive.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If anything if reports are true... we are over the cap, Woods is digging his heels in, and maybe... just maybe... the club doesn't have cap space for Foran anymore.

Enter Chase Stanley in the halves.

That said St George have played Chase in halves before so this isn't a Des exclusive.
I can't imagine Frawley would be on much more or even less than Stanley? Another point to, why is it Des always plays people out of position and never gives them a go at something obviously better i.e Mbye having a go at FB?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In all seriousness GD, something does seem pretty fishy with us on so many levels.

Ray Dib needs to grow a set of fucking balls, show some leadership and get rid of Hasler now, if not now, as soon as Round 26 ends and restore some faith in the supporters eyes, if that is at all possible?

I really believe that Hasler's position has become untenable and we are just in damage control constantly. Previously when we've had dramas, we've had great players and a supportive coach with Bulldogs DNA to get us out of this hole, we don't have either of these luxuries any more.

If Foran and Woods don't want to come off the back of us removing Hasler, they can piss of to whoever is willing to take them and we can get ourselves Cap compliant and sit on that money and the $$$ left over after Eastwood, Morris x 2 and Graham depart next year and rebuild off the back of that with some sensible and astute signings.

It's really not that hard...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can't imagine Frawley would be on much more or even less than Stanley? Another point to, why is it Des always plays people out of position and never gives them a go at something obviously better i.e Mbye having a go at FB?
Frawley and Stanley both cheaper than Foran (combined).

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would be collecting wooden spoons if that was our halves combo next year and years after. Stanley cannot kick his way out of a paper bag. He can kick goals occasionally but thats it.
I cant get over eastwood being on close to 700k next year, how can the board sign off on that

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
For sure. After Stanleys injury history he is probably on match payments. Frawley started the year in reserve grade. Frawley coud be ok if he had a side going better around him. But hes green. I wouldnt mind seeing Cleeland run to see if he can play FG. But no. If Des played Cleeland, it would probably be at prop.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's the other thing, with the season over for us why is Des not toying with positional options for players for next year? What coach doesn't do that under these same circumstances?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Des is doing his best to get the sack. I have no doubt he has already got something lined up just like he did with manly.

Where there is a stench the arsehole is never too far away
This is what im thinking too. I bet a deal has been sorted between him and our club, and also his future club. There's no way he'll be just sitting on his hands and "seeing how things pan out".

He may be a stubborn prick who's lost touch with coaching, but he aint stupid.

I just wish he'd fukk off now, so we can at least remember the end of this dismal season without him in the picture.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
you know what GD

there is more than meets the eyes.

Behind close doors i bet there is some wild orgy going on.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really can't fathom what's going on, right now anything could be possible.

Hasler is pushing stupidity as far as possible, the board is doing nothing and there's no CEO.

I've never wanted to see the end of a season like I have this year.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When he chose Stanley at halfback again this week, it really set off red flags. He is really delusional or he is doing this on purpose for whatever reasons....

I honestly believe he is gone at the end of the year. No matter which coach comes in next year we wont win it if we are being honest with ourselves.

In saying that, i really hope Woods and Foran dont come, let all the back ended players stay as their contracts run out next year(dont renew obviously) and see what new coach can do with them, proves for once if it is the players or Hasler or both were the reason we were so shit. Also we can then start afresh and build a great new roster for 2019.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really can't fathom what's going on, right now anything could be possible.

Hasler is pushing stupidity as far as possible, the board is doing nothing and there's no CEO.

I've never wanted to see the end of a season like I have this year.
We haven't really had a CEO since Greenberg. Raelene was focussed on marketing

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We haven't really had a CEO since Greenberg. Raelene was focussed on marketing
Yep and while Greenberg did a good job in areas he was all about marketing himself to his next employer. Hope the next CEO is really focussed on the club and getting it back on track.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep and while Greenberg did a good job in areas he was all about marketing himself to his next employer. Hope the next CEO is really focussed on the club and getting it back on track.
That'll be nice lol

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Des goes to Warriors and Foran stays with him. Surely he has to have a gig after the Dog's

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he's backended these deals in a hope to keep a small premiership window open at the time and it's failed miserably again. I read that we have maxed out the cap and actually can't play anyone else somehow.

My belief is that it has all fallen apart, some players are pro Des and some are anti Des. Everyone shown the door by him doesn't have a positive thing to say about him anymore either.

Status
Not open for further replies.