All in a days work.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
LifeGuard Appreciation Thread

While watching the six o'clock news, a story about lifesavers and a family of afghans caught my attention.

A brother and sister were swimming at a beach (dont know which beach) when they were caught in a strong current/rip.

The lifeguards saved them, the girl needing to go to hospital, minor injuries.

Today, the two siblings requested to thank the lifeguards in person, and they did.

Now, the lifeguard said: its all in a days work.

And the other ones agreed, adding :its nice to see appreciation. This kinda thing happens once out of ten.

What the?
Now ive neva been saved by the lifeguard but if i was, i would be grateful and thank him all day.

Im surprised he said he only gets 1 out of ten persons saying thanx after they saved a life.

So wat i would like to say to the lifeguards on duty now and throughout the years,
Thankyou. We appreciate it very much. :grinning:

Last edited by a moderator:

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah thanks to all the lifeguards. it's pretty surprising that hardly anyone even thanks them. i guess they're probably caught in the minute and a bit edgy.

BulldogForLife

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how little people in various roles are thanked.

I have family in the police, and friends in the fire brigade... and it's a similar story there. Sometimes it's because, at the time, people are simply caught up in the heat of some kind of extraordinary situation and are just unable to say it, or they forget to.

But, sadly, yes it's true that very few come back after the fact to say thanks.

And it's not that people in these roles do it for the thanks... but it does make you wonder about people sometimes, when you might risk life and limb to save them, and they apparantly don't even think about it afterwards and realise how much was risked in order to help them. It seems that as long as they still have their own skin, that's all that matters.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
For some reason, out of all the emergency crew (police, ambo and firefighters), ive always luved the firies the most.

Im not trying to say i dislike the ambos and cops, its actually the opposite.

But for some weird reason i have an obsession for those big red trucks.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anywayz..............

back to the thread,

Thankyou for all the lifeguards out there,.

BulldogForLife

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Firies are always pretty good blokes, as are Ambo's. Cops, you get the odd spastic, but on the whole they're a pretty tight brotherhood, too.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^ true that.

but i would luv to know y i luv those big red trucks.

Im telling u its an obsession...................

BulldogForLife

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
The motor's sound mad when they light 'em up from a standing start. Like... rrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

Status
Not open for further replies.