1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Albury council denies Storm NRL training

Discussion in 'Rugby League General' started by Papa Emeritus, May 5, 2020.

1. Trafford10

Trafford10 Kennel Addict Gilded

Agree seems very petty, I can't understand why the council would take this stand. Plus is it likely only for a few days as the Victorian government will likely allow groups of 10 to train together after the 11th of May.

2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Kennel Immortal

It wouldnt hurt the town in the slightest.
    Surely a feel good story about the hospitality of the town and regular mentions in the paper as the foster home of the Storm, would only serve to help the town when lockdowns are eased.
    Fkn idiots.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. utility half

utility half Kennel Immortal

Because the storm have such a huge fan base.... and lots of members of that mighty army of supporters would be likely to read NSW metro papers and think, “Gee, wouldn’t it be great to holiday in Albury - the foster home of a club nobody really cares about! Thst would really give the kids a story to tell their grandkids one day.”

People don’t generally use logic like that to plan their holidays..... and I’d wager that very few people will remember where the storm trained when things get back to normal.

I guess if the council had approved the application, they could slash the tourism budget..... already sorted.... lol

Last edited: May 6, 2020