Alamoti to the Panthers

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. And watch him turn from boy to machine, how it happens when they leave us. Come here and turn in soft cocks.
Not as many as you think mate. Definitely some but a lot of players benefit from change of club.

Meaney has been lucky Paps of chalk.

Remis played a lot of Reggie’s this year. Picked on wing this week after about 10 other guys injured .

Guys like Ogden and Atoni haven’t improved.

Lachie Lewis is doing well at JB Hi Fi though

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t you love the usual chorus of doom led by @04 Dreaming and @Flanagun that this is an unmitigated disaster with zero thought or management behind it.

I guess just disregard key facts like:

- Alamoti has been on the open market since November 2022 and signed a deal with Penrith in September 2023. He was hardly beating off suitors.

- Penrith can’t have massive faith given he’s signed a ONE YEAR deal and it happened in a week, suggesting they have a short term gap to help fill.

- The Cowboys were allegedly interested for at least a period of time yet opted out - why?

- Why would a 19 year old be happy to take a ONE YEAR deal? Nothing else on the table that’s why.

I wish the kid luck for his future - but suggestions this is going to bite the Bulldogs on the arse don’t seem to be shared by many outside resident Gus/Ciro haters.
He’s 19…. Why should he expect the door to be banged down by suitors? Why would Penrith need to fill a gap when they are stacked with outside backs and have the strongest catchment area in the league. Way to attack a so called lack of logic with…a complete lack of logic lololol

Penrith don’t have to commit to players long term. They can take a young bloke on board, see how he develops and feel secure that if he does well, there will be compelling reasons to stay.

How do you know North Queensland pulled out of the Alamoti deal?

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My God he was dreadful in that last game of the year .... I am guessing that the Panthers saw this and without an offer from the Dogs on the table and Alamoti not wanting to move from his current location, they swooped and got a bargin. If he is able to fix his decision making and his defence he could be a big Panther's star in 2025 maybe.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He had some good moments but hes not ready to be what we need. For years we have had a team full of juniors with potential. We dont have time to wait for them all to ripen in fg. We want players like him in our nsw cup side.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This one could very well come back to bite us.

Imagine Crichton flops next year and alamoti carves up [emoji23]
Do you mean like Meaney killing it while Perham failed kinda thing

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He had some good moments but hes not ready to be what we need. For years we have had a team full of juniors with potential. We dont have time to wait for them all to ripen in fg. We want players like him in our nsw cup side.
Yeah the state our club is in we are gagging for experience dolphins style.
Only then can we be in a position to blood young cünts.
The last 5 years, barrett especially, doggs have lost sight of that

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Meaney was always a good player we just don’t have the team to develop him. As per my previous msg
He kinda got accidentally developed at Storm. If it wasnt for Paps going down, he woudnt have had the shot he did at FB where he killed it. Now worst case for him, if Paps never got injured again, is Meaney is worth more now elsewhere. I feel Storm will play him out wide and keep him in the side even with Paps playing though. Hes been one of their better players this year. God knows how long Paps is out for this time around

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He’s 19…. Why should he expect the door to be banged down by suitors? Why would Penrith need to fill a gap when they are stacked with outside backs and have the strongest catchment area in the league. Way to attack a so called lack of logic with…a complete lack of logic lololol

Penrith don’t have to commit to players long term. They can take a young bloke on board, see how he develops and feel secure that if he does well, there will be compelling reasons to stay.

How do you know North Queensland pulled out of the Alamoti deal?
So now you’re fully versed in the affairs of not only the Bulldogs but the Panthers too - OK.

So what if he’s 19?
He had most of the season at NRL level and no other club was banging down the door to sign him.

Unlike your claims of eternal wisdom I don’t know re: NQ - but it was known they instigated discussions with Alamoti’s management yet he didn’t sign there - yes it’s possible he declined an offer but if there was one you’re suggesting it was inferior to a one year deal at Penrith? His football career might be over before he’s 21 and you’re somehow suggesting the Dogs are at fault for ‘discarding’ him but it’ll be fine if the Pennies do the same 12 months from now. Oh that’s right - they’ll ‘entice him to stay’ even though they only signed him for a year. Quality logic there. Not.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Still young enough to play Flegg in 24 and 25 - yet people are prepared to judge him based on his NRL performances this year in our shit show of a team!
Poorly handled imo - should have been given more time to develop.
If he played Flegg this year he would have slaughtered the opposition and he still was eligible for SG. Ball
Yes true but he didn’t want to play flegg

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So now you’re fully versed in the affairs of not only the Bulldogs but the Panthers too - OK.

So what if he’s 19?
He had most of the season at NRL level and no other club was banging down the door to sign him.

Unlike your claims of eternal wisdom I don’t know re: NQ - but it was known they instigated discussions with Alamoti’s management yet he didn’t sign there - yes it’s possible he declined an offer but if there was one you’re suggesting it was inferior to a one year deal at Penrith? His football career might be over before he’s 21 and you’re somehow suggesting the Dogs are at fault for ‘discarding’ him but it’ll be fine if the Pennies do the same 12 months from now. Oh that’s right - they’ll ‘entice him to stay’ even though they only signed him for a year. Quality logic there.
Career might be over by the time he’s 21? Geez, that’s some first rate gobbledegook. He probably didn’t sign with them because he is still a kid, didn’t want to move so far away from his family and had better offers from stronger clubs in Sydney.

Of course nobody was banging down the door to sign him. He was rushed into firsts in a shambles of a team, it wasn’t exactly the best environment for him to showcase his abilities. But Penrith clearly saw something in him. And at the end of the day, I’ll back their judgment and Alamoti’s record in the lower grades over the judgment of the ignoramuses running our club, any day of the week.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the best to the kid. Yeah I get he’s young and all, but what’s the saying..“if you’re good enough, you’re old enough “…well I’m just not sure he’s good enough. Too slow to be a centre, too small to be a forward, he’s in a shit position to be honest.
What’s the saying, “You can’t teach speed”? That was his glaring issue that simply can’t be overcome as a back. He was destroyed by Souths and Parra. They ran around him like a traffic cone.

We have Critta, Xerri, Kiraz and other options, with several gun kids coming throug. Not surprising we didn’t retain him.

Ellie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just don't think he has the size to be an NRL centre. Probably a good move for him going to the Panthers but make no mistake, he's been signed as a backup centre. Interesting to note that we didn't make an offer.
Doesn't have the size? Lol the guy is a unit

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good Luck to Alamoti, hopefully the change will ne good for him. I was surprised when he cemented the first grade spot at the beginning of the year. Watched a bit of NSW cup in2022 & he did not dominant in the centres either in attack or defense. Certainly needed more time in the NSW cup.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They’ll have him running into holes and running the same lines like Kikau was and he’ll kill it. He’ll be used exactly the same as Kikau was.