Alamoti re-signing

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to assume this is only a 1 year deal because the new salary cap hasn’t been announced and also gives Alamoti to maximise his value next year playing first grade. I don’t mind this. He may well flop.
A signing like this isn’t a cap thing. This would be a minimum wage deal. He hasn’t proven anything yet.

Two years is perfect for both parties. I think he will see some NRL later in the year. If he shows promise then I’m sure a revised deal will be struck before November 1.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d imagine there’s as much chance as you engaging the defensive line as there is you getting a chance to sign on a bulldogs dotted line again.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t understand why just the 1 year extension. Means if he does well next year we get into a bidding war to try and keep him. Should have been a 2 year extension at least
TBH he’s becoming less and less impressive with each day that passes. He has copped a fair few injuries though. I’m more excited about Skinner

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A signing like this isn’t a cap thing. This would be a minimum wage deal. He hasn’t proven anything yet.

Two years is perfect for both parties. I think he will see some NRL later in the year. If he shows promise then I’m sure a revised deal will be struck before November 1.
Alamoti is different to standard because he is sort after. I remember Uncle Nick was after him before he signed with us. I would be surprised if he is on the bare minimum wage. He would be on more.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The way Tago emerged in his debut season is what I’m expecting Ciraldo to get out of Alamoti

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti is different to standard because he is sort after. I remember Uncle Nick was after him before he signed with us. I would be surprised if he is on the bare minimum wage. He would be on more.
I really hope not.

I hope we aren’t paying him anything more than a minimum Top 30 contract. Particularly defensively he isn’t ready for first grade. Probably won’t be until 2024 at least.

Uncle Nick was chasing him when he was killing it against kids. So far against men his trajectory has plateaued significantly. Not saying he won’t develop but his speed of development hasn’t been as impressive as hoped.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti and Skelton should be the first centres picked in round 1, people keep saying Alamoti isn't ready because he has defensive issues however there's many players succeeding in the NRL with the same issues. People then say he dominated against other kids but hasn't done anything against adults or people bigger than him, yet at the age of 18 he constantly ran over 150 metres a game against those same people.
I believe the kids ready and hope he has a massive off-season, yes there'll be some growing pains as there is with all players his age (Xavier Savage is a prime example). And when you consider the alternative is Burns/Allen or Okunbor it should be a no brainer.

Also the thought of Skelton lining up against Morgan Harper in round 1 and giving him fits all night is very appealing.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Alamoti and Skelton should be the first centres picked in round 1, people keep saying Alamoti isn't ready because he has defensive issues however there's many players succeeding in the NRL with the same issues. People then say he dominated against other kids but hasn't done anything against adults or people bigger than him, yet at the age of 18 he constantly ran over 150 metres a game against those same people.
I believe the kids ready and hope he has a massive off-season, yes there'll be some growing pains as there is with all players his age (Xavier Savage is a prime example). And when you consider the alternative is Burns/Allen or Okunbor it should be a no brainer.

Also the thought of Skelton lining up against Morgan Harper in round 1 and giving him fits all night is very appealing.
He isn't ready because he can't stay fit, until he does that he isn't playing first grade. Needs to get through preseason without getting injured again as a start. Kiraz is the best centre at the club right now anyway and is well ahead of Skeleton and Alamoti and should be starting there come game one. Perham and Casey might be in line for the other spot.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He isn't ready because he can't stay fit, until he does that he isn't playing first grade. Needs to get through preseason without getting injured again as a start. Kiraz is the best centre at the club right now anyway and is well ahead of Skeleton and Alamoti and should be starting there come game one. Perham and Casey might be in line for the other spot.
Yep, it won't be Skelton or Alamoti.
One too many close encounters of the third kind for Rog me thinks Bahaha

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agree with Alamoti - not so much Skelton - his form dropped off alarmingly at the end of the season. Regardless, both will hopefully improve significantly with what is hopefully top quality coaching.

Iam of th eopinion that atm the dogs roster, whist better, is still lacking and that the biggest hope for a good 23 will be how much better the coaching n conditioning is.