Alamoti re-signing

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t understand why just the 1 year extension. Means if he does well next year we get into a bidding war to try and keep him. Should have been a 2 year extension at least

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t understand why just the 1 year extension. Means if he does well next year we get into a bidding war to try and keep him. Should have been a 2 year extension at least
That might have been the exact intention from his manager..
I don’t mind it personally..he still hasn’t convinced me he will progress to a full time NRL player yet

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That might have been the exact intention from his manager..
I don’t mind it personally..he still hasn’t convinced me he will progress to a full time NRL player yet
Exactly it could be strategic by us too and same I'm also not convinced.
Either way the ball is in his court..doesn't turn 19 until Feb next year so has time.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he just wants to play, if we don't play him next year or very little he can reassess his options

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he just wants to play, if we don't play him next year or very little he can reassess his options
We should have at least extended him for 2 more years, not 1. I'll be gutted if we lose him. So, we currently have him locked in for 2023 and 2024.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will play when he stops getting injured. Hasn't strung a decent spell of games together for a while.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will play when he stops getting injured. Hasn't strung a decent spell of games together for a while.
I mean he had a great run last year but had an orbital fracture in the u19s Origin. Freak contact injury. He’s not like Tommy T who’s constantly tearing his hammys.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly it could be strategic by us too and same I'm also not convinced.
Either way the ball is in his court..doesn't turn 19 until Feb next year so has time.
100% !!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good coaching around decisionmaking and tackling technique when one on one and he will do well. I think the one year extension is a good move - the right amount of pressure to perform and opportunity to succeed.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some players also only sign 1 year contracts to keep themselves keen and striving for perfection.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to assume this is only a 1 year deal because the new salary cap hasn’t been announced and also gives Alamoti to maximise his value next year playing first grade. I don’t mind this. He may well flop.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a sensible extension IMO. We don't know yet whether Alomati will be the best centre option for us in 2025 so it's smart to only go the extra year. With Schoupp gone it's almost certain Alomati will get a decent crack at some stage this year, and we'll know more then.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think sometimes gus suggested these things to player for eg today youre worth this but if you have a great 23 we will do extended deal higher rate ,would definitely gain trust from a player

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs dump and keep players at will, players need to keep options open and look for better prospects when they come about