Airlines

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I see Jetstar made a paraplegic crawl to her seat the other day, such fucking amateurs who are they affiliated with? Dodgy Bros Inc?
Yeah that was poor form and an even worse look.
They claimed a language barrier as it was in Thailand but sounds like a cop-out and the refund and credits she got doesn’t buy them any good will back. Ryanair went as far as ordering planes with seats that can’t recline and don’t have window shades (and claim they only fly them during the day, so people don’t need to sleep) but thankfully they dropped the consideration of making people pay to have a leak. You can only cut costs so far before you humiliate and piss people off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah that was poor form and an even worse look.
They claimed a language barrier as it was in Thailand but sounds like a cop-out and the refund and credits she got doesn’t buy them any good will back. Ryanair went as far as ordering planes with seats that can’t recline and don’t have window shades (and claim they only fly them during the day, so people don’t need to sleep) but thankfully they dropped the consideration of making people pay to have a leak. You can only cut costs so far before you humiliate and piss people off.
You have to pay to use a toilet? Wtf.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You have to pay to use a toilet? Wtf.
They were seriously looking at it - a machine to unlock the toilet door with coin or card payment (the suggestion was €1) - but the story ‘leaked’ (see what I did there) and they dropped it knowing there would be a huge backlash. Instead they removed all service desks at airports - if you rock up without a boarding pass printed / on a phone you pay €30 to get a new one - which isn’t so horrendous given how easy it is to have that ready - but still - always looking for a way to extract more and claim it leads to ‘lower airfares’ when it actually means bigger bonuses for Michael O’Leary.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They were seriously looking at it - a machine to unlock the toilet door with coin or card payment (the suggestion was €1) - but the story ‘leaked’ (see what I did there) and they dropped it knowing there would be a huge backlash. Instead they removed all service desks at airports - if you rock up without a boarding pass printed / on a phone you pay €30 to get a new one - which isn’t so horrendous given how easy it is to have that ready - but still - always looking for a way to extract more and claim it leads to ‘lower airfares’ when it actually means bigger bonuses for Michael O’Leary.
So like some of the public toilets in Europe. Wouldn't out it past some people to just go where they're sitting if they actually went through with it.. actually people already do :tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Qantas but they are getting shittier. I usually fly once to Italy every year and go QF and just found over the years their standards dropping. That Joyce needs to run something like Ryan Air not Qantas.

One of my kids this year flew Etihad from Sing to Milan business for $2300 and raved about the standard. Reckon Qantas could learn a lot from ME airlines.
Ryan Air got a reasonable pilot onboard this flight lol