After 2 trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
after our 2 trials.. id like to see if people have changed their minds on wat our starting 17/18 shuld be for round 1.. this is mine: also include injured players.. jus think of our best side

1 luke patten
2 heka nanai/hazem( i love haz but think his time is past)
3 tim winitana/millard
4 tonga/emelio
5 utai
6 roberts
7 holdsworth
8 williams
9 sullivan
10 cleal
11 sonny
12 bobcat
13 te mari

14 reni
15 tsoulous
16 groom
17 armit
18 hickey

dogsrareligion

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I personally think winitana has it all over millard. He go this extra bite and spark

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
after our 2 trials.. id like to see if people have changed their minds on wat our starting 17/18 shuld be for round 1.. this is mine: also include injured players.. jus think of our best side

1 luke patten
2 heka nanai/hazem( i love haz but think his time is past)
3 tim winitana/millard
4 tonga/emelio
5 utai
6 roberts
7 holdsworth
8 williams
9 sullivan
10 cleal
11 sonny
12 bobcat
13 te mari

14 reni
15 tsoulous
16 groom
17 armit
18 hickey
You lost me with your Haz comment in the first few lines, after that i dont care what you wrote. He got 10/10 goals and a try in the trials what else deos he need to do to please you?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
doubt thats the case. Groom wont b in the 1st round team. Corey will b our starting hooker with sulli on the bench. Armit and hickey will b our starting props with tsoulous and williams on the bench. Reni will be our starting lock with te mari on the bench.

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
I personally think winitana has it all over millard. He go this extra bite and spark
In all honesty i havent seen enough of him. However, Millard seems to be safe but not explosive like Winitana. Like the look of him, would love to see him make the starting side.

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
doubt thats the case. Groom wont b in the 1st round team. Corey will b our starting hooker with sulli on the bench. Armit and hickey will b our starting props with tsoulous and williams on the bench. Reni will be our starting lock with te mari on the bench.
You kno what ur talkin bout :grinning: - i agree, possibly Kleal in there somewhere based on his Trial Reports..

dogz06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think that little black book that johns brings to training is starting to work

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You lost me with your Haz comment in the first few lines, after that i dont care what you wrote. He got 10/10 goals and a try in the trials what else deos he need to do to please you?
if the only positive to come out of 160 minutes of football is that he can still kick goals we're in trouble, you do realise that they have to play football in between shots and goal?

Markb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dognacious you mustnt of been at the game today. Our best 2 wingers today were utai and bott

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im a hell of a lot more confident about our season than i was before both games

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Since Groom withdrew himself from todays game and therefore couldn't prove himself regardless of how he went on Friday i think Folkes will stick with todays winning combination (Roberts and Holdsworth) for round 1.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
im a hell of a lot more confident about our season than i was before both games
Im not entirely. Our outside defense was sh1thouse, Hickey done nothing, Holdsworth done nothing. One on one defense really needs to improve. Saving tries is just as important as making them.

dogz06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im not entirely. Our outside defense was sh1thouse, Hickey done nothing, Holdsworth done nothing. One on one defense really needs to improve. Saving tries is just as important as making them.
You seem to be forgetting that our starting centres were both missing.
Armit, leano, koups were missing too.
Holdsworth was solid in defence and attack and i usually criticise him

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
You seem to be forgetting that our starting centres were both missing.
Armit, leano, koups were missing too.
Holdsworth was solid in defence and attack and i usually criticise him
Im only commenting based on what ive seen. Obviously i cannot comment on players that werent there! Holdsworth did play better than last week, but still a bit flat. Im happy to be proven wrong.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He sure does. but i dont see folkes dropping Milard for Winitana

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He sure does. but i dont see folkes dropping Milard for Winitana
Millard has done nothing wrong. He was explosive last year. Why would Folkes drop him?? Everyone was giving him wraps at first, and now people are starting to sway from him. Dont get me wrong, Winitana is a good player, but you cant just replace players every year.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
1-Patten
2-Nanai
3-Tonga
4-Millard
5-Utai
6-Roberts
7-Sullivan
8-Cleal
9-Hughes
10-C.Armit
11-Ryan
12-SBDubs
13-Kouparitsas
14-Maitua
15-D.Williams
16-Te Maari
17-Groom

Strike power all over the park baby. Someone better start practicing goal kicking lol.

Don't underestimate Millard's value guys. Think of all the tries he scored last season because he was where he needed to be. Winitana hasn't proven he's better yet.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Be able to beat a player one on one and catch the faster players in the comp. He's got **** all skill and speed. Two most important things for a winger. Sorry, i love the bloke but just being a solid, reliable defender and great goal kicker isn't enough.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Cant see Folkes making vast changes first up so after the trial games i believe this will b the team:

1- Luke Patten
2- Hazem El Masri
3- Willie Tonga
4- Andrew Emilio
5- Mathew Utai
6- Ben Roberts
7- Daniel Holdsworth
8- Jarred Hickey
9- Corey Hughes
10- Chris Armit
11- Sonny Bill Williams
12- Andrew Ryan (c)
13- Reni Miatua

14- Michael Sullivan
15- Justin Tsoulous
16- Danny Williams
17- Lee Te Maari

(Note: worried about Armit's fitness, maybe would be wise to start him off the bench and let Tsoulous start)

News: Was told Millard will be back most prob round 2 and Koups will be back either round 3 or round 5 (will not b risked round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.