Who deserves to be the next Admin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So The Kennel is currently in meltdown with the emergence of this shrewd brigade of foreign hackers, putting us all at risk.

The Mods Lounge has been very active in seeking ways to combat future attacks. However as Mr.I stated earlier, the current numerical presence of Admins (who have the required powers to mitigate the problems) is not enough. That said, a mod or super mod promotion to Administrator is impending.

Some recent appointments without member consultation raised a lot of eyebrows so I think we should put it to a vote this time on who you guys believe should take the next step in their careers and progress to the highly coveted Administrator role.

Vote & Discuss.

N

Natboy

I've been a mod of a big site in the past & Mr I seems very active on here & fixing things up
I would've voted for about 5 people though

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Berries. It is the only logical thing to do.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Knowing very little about their past experience as administrators and drawing from my own experience as an administrator I'd have to say TG 'cause he most deserves to suffer.... I mean, he'd be the greatest at it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pick me if you want a dictatorship like SoDamn Insane lol

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
if I vote for mr invisible does that mean he will be admin twice? I don't get it.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just give the hackers Admin rights and they'll stop hacking

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Hmmm ..... no Rodzilla in the list either.

This can't end well for you OP.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know the saying "with great power comes great responsibility" ...

Admin access you can do anything and everything on the site (as many have seen recently).

Whilst a newly promoted admin might be able to ban fake admin accounts, it is unlikely they would have permissions/skill required to undo the damage caused, unless they are experienced in CSS/PHP, and uninstallation of VB plugins. Whilst VB logs everything that is done, more people with access to change things, means more things could potentially be changed without every admin knowing. Food for thought, but it's why large high security corporations tend to stagger access to administrative functions.

As a side note, worth mentioning that IF someone was promoted as another admin, it's somewhat useless if that person is not online, on a semi-regular basis (as you have the same problem as present).

Apart from this I'm on the fence on this one regarding an opinion. We actually have a really decent group of admins/mods at the moment, who work very well together.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think the current admins are online enough, and no one mans the twitter.

Mr I seems to divide people but he is online a lot and like him or not I think he would do a good job as an admin.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
You know the saying "with great power comes great responsibility" ...

Admin access you can do anything and everything on the site (as many have seen recently).

Whilst a newly promoted admin might be able to ban fake admin accounts, it is unlikely they would have permissions/skill required to undo the damage caused, unless they are experienced in CSS/PHP, and uninstallation of VB plugins. Whilst VB logs everything that is done, more people with access to change things, means more things could potentially be changed without every admin knowing. Food for thought, but it's why large high security corporations tend to stagger access to administrative functions.

As a side note, worth mentioning that IF someone was promoted as another admin, it's somewhat useless if that person is not online, on a semi-regular basis (as you have the same problem as present).

Apart from this I'm on the fence on this one regarding an opinion. We actually have a really decent group of admins/mods at the moment, who work very well together.
mmmmm VB

Also, i thought u were admin. If not then I vote for it.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I voted for myself, but in all honestly even though I really want it! I believe Mr Invisible would be better fit

Status
Not open for further replies.