Addittions to Full Time Squad......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just watched the video of the induction day and there was a list of addittions to the full time squad on the powerpoint display. Most of the names were to be expected. James Graham, Tim Lafai, Josh Jackson, Dale Finucane and Harlan Alaalatoa (plus one other I was unable to make out)were all names that I expected to see however I was suprised to see Luke MacDougalls name at the bottom. I can only imagine that he has been signed as a NSW Cup player or is he going to be pushing for a first grade squad???? Seems like a strange buy for the dogs although wing is one area that they really need to address this year.

On a seperate note Michael Letts photo is on the updated NRL squad list page. I know there has been speculation as to whether he was being retained. Not sure if that makes it offical or not.

Bring 2012.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
MacDougall eh ??

That IS a surprise ...

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
never mind found on home page ta

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Also confirmed on Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_MacDougall

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i think he will be a good signing for us.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
the other player named is James Gavet from
the Auckland Vulcans

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
James Gavet should be a good signing for the Dogs. Was named as one of the NSW Cup Props of the Year.

"Gavet is a GUN! If Gavet played for an Australian side and was exposed to the east coast media he would be a household name but due to the strength in the Warriors pack at present he is being forced to bide his time with the Vulcans. We doubt this will be the case for much longer."

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The hell did we sign MacDougall for..?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
James Gavet should be a good signing for the Dogs. Was named as one of the NSW Cup Props of the Year.

"Gavet is a GUN! If Gavet played for an Australian side and was exposed to the east coast media he would be a household name but due to the strength in the Warriors pack at present he is being forced to bide his time with the Vulcans. We doubt this will be the case for much longer."
That said Tolman Graham Kasiano take 3 for us. Eatwood Taupau on the bench for backrow and possibly prop? I still think this Gavet kid might go alright but so might Browne.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing Luke MacDougall could have against him is that will be 30 next season. So what? From what I've seen of him he's got blistering pace and is a prolific try scorer. No matter what happens he's got to be better on the left wing than what we had last season. And that's no slur on Jono Wright, he's a good footballer but not a winger.

James Gavet? Sounds good. If all the contenders for selection in the NRL forward line up are firing in 2012 the hardest thing for Jimmy Dymock and the selectors will be to decide who NOT to pick.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shorts have white stripes on the side :grinning:

If they're the actual playing shorts. Training shirt looked nice too.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got prop of the year in NSW cup. Steve Price was giving him massive wraps on twitter

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
looks to me like improvements in 2012 will need to come from player development and better coaching, rather than new players. Over to you Jimmy.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Don't know him as a player but the highlights package makes him look good lol

hopefully a good signing... wait n see

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Luke MacDougall is a decent signing...

Hes strong, has that aggression his brother has but not sure if he still has that pace on him...

He can play both on the wing and in the centres so that does help

Status
Not open for further replies.