Adam Elliott must be re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club can't keep all the players it develops the salary cap sees to that.

Canterbury develops more talent than most other clubs so this is always the case.

I hope we can sign Elliot up for a decent long term contract.
However I doubt his manager would recommend that.
There will be interest from other clubs also.
I just hope he doesn't go to Souffs.
Yeah the cap, more like Hasler re-signing dead wood and relseasing young talent then changing his mind a yr later. It could have been Tapau for Frank and Finucane for Eastwood.

Anyways whats done is done, Thankfully his a humble kid that adores the dogs.. Captained the junior ranks so he should be dog through and through so lets hope his mum is his manager case this is a another gooden.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was terrible last year but is looking much improved. Hope we re-sign on the right deal. Also would prefer him over Eastwood on the left edge. Eastwood's form has gone down hill fast.
Cant expect every junior to hit the floor running, Jacko and Finucane had the worst hands when they started and Tapau was injury prone, look at those kids now!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rfm should be on the bench though or in the 13 jersey with klemmer at prop
Yeh you are probably right, but I think it might be more that Des is working the new blokes in gradually. Maybe (barring injuries) by the end of the season you will see RFM having a regular bench spot and Eastwood or one of the older blokes drifting back to Cup games. Elliott had a lot of bench time last year before becoming a regular this year. That seems to be Des' play.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Been waiting for this kid to blossom since I watched him captain the NYC team 2014. I cannot believe his not locked in yet? Morons should have locked him in ages ago, now they need to up his pay. Idiots.

Finucane was a different player, we could have had

10. Klemmer
11. Elliot
12. Jacko
13. Finucane

14. Kas
15. Tapau

All graduated at the dogs..
Except that if we had kept Finucane we wouldn't have probably had either of Elliott or RFM as he would have sucked up the cap. Swings and roundabouts unfortunately

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This kid has always had wraps on him and captained the junior ranks... His got what it takes and he has steadily proved it. We lost Finucane and Tapau playing the same stupid games, lets not let it happen again.
We have an over paid Number 7 running around because the club panicked and everyone on the kennel shouted sign him up he has potential!!! Break out games mean very little if they can't be replicated constantly. Patience if the kids good enough he'll get his contract .

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every time he's interviewed says how much he loves the club so not going anywhere

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Jacko and elliott both 80 min players..
Saves us interchanges

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cheers guys

Seen him around a lot and always wondered what he's connection was with the club. Very good to see. Touching photo of him with reynolds

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
More so he has been pretty good recently and really stepping up, it's a good thing because he has had to wait in our system
Yeah I mean the kid has been going pretty well of late but people just need to settle down a bit lol.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have an over paid Number 7 running around because the club panicked and everyone on the kennel shouted sign him up he has potential!!! Break out games mean very little if they can't be replicated constantly. Patience if the kids good enough he'll get his contract .
Nobody is saying throw the bank at him.. if they signed him earlier on a fair wage he would have been happy. Now other clubs would be enquiring and the dogs would have to spend more or even lose him if another club comes with a stupid offer.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Except that if we had kept Finucane we wouldn't have probably had either of Elliott or RFM as he would have sucked up the cap. Swings and roundabouts unfortunately
If eastwood was let go and finucane kept it probably wouldnt have changed the outcome of rfm or elliot. I think finucane is still getting less than eastwood at the storm.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My opinion of him has been posted by everyone that has made a statement on this thread. But...

There is no comparison between Elliott and Eastwood on the left edge. Elliott is killing it while Eastwood is only taking up space in a #12 jersey. Eastwood has to go and Elliott be in the run on side. Unfortunately though Eastwood won't go any further than the bench.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If eastwood was let go and finucane kept it probably wouldnt have changed the outcome of rfm or elliot. I think finucane is still getting less than eastwood at the storm.
True but at the time Finucane was a mistake prone up and comer and Eastwood was an international. At the time it really wasn't much of a choice.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
True but at the time Finucane was a mistake prone up and comer and Eastwood was an international. At the time it really wasn't much of a choice.
That's a myth tbh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Finucanes errors were a complete myth when compared to Eastwood at the time. In Finucanes final season he made 7 errors compared to Eastwoods 10. Finucane also made 93 more runs than Eastwood that season and still managed the lower error count.

I bet Bellamy is still pissing himself at the fact that we were actually dumb enough to release Eastwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.