• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
If he went back to Millie's place/hotel to reminisce over old times, I don't think we would be talking about this.

Yes Elliott has an issue with grog, not in a violent sense like Curtis Scott or Jack Wighton , just being stupid. Yes he has two priors, but you can't include the first. ( a private indoor function with the team & officials all on the grog. The daily telegraph on cherry pickers looking in & completely ending Mad Monday Celebrations as they were known.) The second time was unforgivable. He has paid a heavy price, his family moved to NT. Imagine not being with your kids. The innocent party, If Elliott is sacked, is his family that still needs to be financially supported.

The other side is a separate issue. How has Elliott performed this year. How is the Cap managed with his current contract. In the future plans, what role is envisage for Elliott if any. If Elliott is moved on , I would prefer it is mainly a football decisions

He is most likely to be sacked for his decision clouded with grog. Kinda fell a little sorry for him
Well whats not said given Gould sort of hinted at it. Was that he had not been drinking for 7mths due to a program he was on. Now that may have been a condition of his ongoing contract. If he has decided to get on it and cause himself to get into the papers again via his actions. Well it gives the Dogs and out, and unfortunately as the Dogs need to lose some players who are paid on the higher scale, he has made himself a target. He had to have seen the writing on the wall, but he decided those rules don't apply to him. So he will pay a high price, unless of course he signs for a contender which I have my doubts we will be next year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like he's not getting the punt
I'm kind of worried things are headed that way too. Especially as the off season is around the corner, by next year all will be forgotten.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kind of worried things are headed that way too. Especially as the off season is around the corner, by next year all will be forgotten.
Mad Monday to come says hold my beer

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fair point and yes what you say makes sense.....no wonder we have issues in the game if it is a typical boy's club.....
Yeah, the double standard does my head in. Players do horrendous things sometimes and are still treated like they are one of the boys. Hooking up with a mate's partner is obviously not a classy thing to do.....but it isn't wose than assaulting a partner, or going on a rampage and invading a stranger's home. The only line players seem to draw is based around violations of the bro code. That's a pretty toxic way of thinking, IMO.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the double standard does my head in. Players do horrendous things sometimes and are still treated like they are one of the boys. Hooking up with a mate's partner is obviously not a classy thing to do.....but it isn't wose than assaulting a partner, or going on a rampage and invading a stranger's home. The only line players seem to draw is based around violations of the bro code. That's a pretty toxic way of thinking, IMO.
There only one way to sort it out between the bro's...
"Run at me ya dog"

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can't legally get rid of him, the club just needs to offer him to other clubs and just wear the several hundred K that will cost us to get him out. He simply can't stay, fans are way too angry this time. Just replace him with a near base wage cheapie. I only had him as a bench player in our full strength team next year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we can't legally get rid of him, the club just needs to offer him to other clubs and just wear the several hundred K that will cost us to get him out. He simply can't stay, fans are way too angry this time. Just replace him with a near base wage cheapie. I only had him as a bench player in our full strength team next year.
If Gus wasn't around i'd say he was a massive chance of staying, Barrett has shown he is weak by playing Napa when he missed training and breached protocols. I said earlier in the thread Gus should really speak to Ricky about a switch with Horsburgh, I get the feeling Ricky thinks he can reform these types of players (hasn't been successful with Scott but he's wiling to take a punt by the looks of it).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well from what Gus said about bars being off limits on 100% Footy...could a few of them be in strife?
Just watched it and Phil is not happy!

You can tell he is already working hard to get things in order and this kind of crap just puts more work on his desk...

Can certainly see Elliot leaving.... Maybe he should take a break in England with Hoppa and Sione.

Last edited:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said earlier in the thread Gus should really speak to Ricky about a switch with Horsburgh
That would definitely be a great outcome for us. Horsburgh as a bench prop, and maybe move Hetho to the second row (or bench backrow option)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That would definitely be a great outcome for us. Horsburgh as a bench prop, and maybe move Hetho to the second row (or bench backrow option)

Would rather James all day and save money or throw the money at Fotuaika. Horseburg is not NRL quality anymore after the new rules came in.