News Adam Elliot on Inside The NRL

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya....look Adam Elliot may not be everyone's cup of tea but fans need to understand only the Roosters can have a star studded team in the NRL all other teams need to have some hard workers amongst stars and we don't have many stars at all right now.
Yes i have seen Elliot drop balls and miss tackles just like every other player does, he doesn't sell himself as a superstar nor does he consider himself one, he is a down to earth decent player who has improved immensely in a club that has been a basket case for 5 years now so many 'experts' are now saying he is a good footy player and worth a look. His issues have been equally due to the players around him who have been average as well.
Yes i personally respect him as a person off the field but believe we will see him improve on the field more and he may just be a player that ever club needs, honest hard working with ability but not sucking up the cap.
Not every player can be an origin player, only at the Roosters
But the question is can we do better than Elliot? We have too many of the same type of forwards

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats his asking price? because his worth like 300K to me?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But the question is can we do better than Elliot? We have too many of the same type of forwards
Doorey is a carbon copy of Elliot.. Topine is a live wire and pitavao is is a solid ball runner. All leaders in their own right. We are covered if Elliot leaves.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Average player at best no big loss can count on 1 hand how many good games ive seen him play wish him all the best elsewhere

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doorey is a carbon copy of Elliot.. Topine is a live wire and pitavao is is a solid ball runner. All leaders in their own right. We are covered if Elliot leaves.
It can be a big step up in class though. We've seen a few next big things not make the step. How good is Lachlan "the next SBW" Burr going.

We have too many small players with similar body shapes so we need to recruit some big boys. I still cant believe we let Shaun Lane go. That was a blunder
I think we traded a very out of form Lane for RFM. It took Lane a good three years to establish himself after leaving the club too.

I hope he stays but there was a vibe of uncertainty (imo more towards leaving) in that interview.
For all we know the vibe of uncertainty could have been a matter of him being instructed by his manager to inflate the value of the offer from the Dragons in any interviews. He'll either accept our offer or someone else's.

Reactions: ATT

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We have too many of the same type of forwards
What the fark does that actually mean? In the prop rotation Napa is nothing like Thompson, To'omaga is nothing like either of them and who TF is Ogden like, Tolman I don't think so. Hookers, Katoa and JMK, I don't see much resemblance there. Back rowers, RFM and Elliott are nothing remotely close, maybe Stimson is kinda like RFM but not really. And Jacko who is he like? Who did I miss, Britt and CSmith now there's an odd couple. In summary I don't see much similarity in the props at all, 2nd rowers are 2nd rowers they don't vary much in any team. They are, in general, either short(er) and powerful(er) and/or tall(er) and rangy(ier), which we have a pretty even split of both.

Go Dogs

Reactions: DT

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Think Elliott to the Dragons just got inadvertently confirmed on the Footy companion lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the fark does that actually mean? In the prop rotation Napa is nothing like Thompson, To'omaga is nothing like either of them and who TF is Ogden like, Tolman I don't think so. Hookers, Katoa and JMK, I don't see much resemblance there. Back rowers, RFM and Elliott are nothing remotely close, maybe Stimson is kinda like RFM but not really. And Jacko who is he like? Who did I miss, Britt and CSmith now there's an odd couple. In summary I don't see much similarity in the props at all, 2nd rowers are 2nd rowers they don't vary much in any team. They are, in general, either short(er) and powerful(er) and/or tall(er) and rangy(ier), which we have a pretty even split of both.

Go Dogs
The pack is full of workers or pretty ordinary hard runners that is where its all the same. None of them have decent ball skills like playing before the line and none get offloads regularly. We also lack a big prop in the Junior Paulo or Josh Papailli mould. There's no variety at all.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pack is full of workers or pretty ordinary hard runners that is where its all the same. None of them have decent ball skills like playing before the line and none get offloads regularly. We also lack a big prop in the Junior Paulo or Josh Papailli mould. There's no variety at all.
Also, there are no game breakers like we used to have with big Sam Kasiano. I lost count of the number of times he would come on and instantly change the momentum of the game. The only one forward we have with a bit of X-factor is actually Elliot.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What was said?
They are best mates/house mates with Corey Norman and they just mentioned that Elliott is at the Dragons next year and seemed as though it was common knowledge for them

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are shit breaks unhappy, elliot leaving is on par, as great news as laundys signing up.
The bloke is shit, we want to become great again.
No more tolmans and elliots and montoya, holland etc, crap at this club.
We have chris smith at a good rate. The exact same player as elliot but cheaper and less mistakes.
We need more line benders, not line parcipitators.
Mal and holbrook are on to it, we need more thompsons but bigger.
Not adam Elliot
Chris Smith! Come on!!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also, there are no game breakers like we used to have with big Sam Kasiano. I lost count of the number of times he would come on and instantly change the momentum of the game. The only one forward we have with a bit of X-factor is actually Elliot.
The game plan for 3 years was get behind on the scoreboard and let dogzilla come on and spark 2 tries! We are sorely lacking a big prop that should be running in Tolmans spot

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any one that wants out I say goodbye. We are comming last. And there all carting on like there critical to the club. We have no super stars and we have a lot of individuals trying to bleed us. Put a offer on the table. Sign it or set a 3 day sign or leave dead line. We are coming last

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barring Thompson, To'omaga, RFM & Jackson our forward pack is going to be very ordinary next season.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett mustn't want him then if so.
Apparently Barrett did want them he rang both of them and said they were in his plans.
If Elliott does go im surprised that he couldn't sway both of them.
Money talks i suppose.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apparently Barrett did want them he rang both of them and said they were in his plans.
If Elliott does go im surprised that he couldn't sway both of them.
Money talks i suppose.
True mate. That article on CHN saying he was still leaving even after Barrett rang him. Kinda odd.

Have to wait and see on how much influence Baz will have on signings.