News Adam Elliot on Inside The NRL

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve already lost CHN who would’ve been on more money plus we also free up more money once a number of others are moved on by years end. Elliott said he’s followed the dogs since he was 4 and loves the club but needs to do what’s right for his family now that he recently became a dad. He took a pay cut to help the club out so the least the club can do is up their offer for him to stay now we’re in a far better financial situation than the last few years. He puts in every week and would be better behind a stronger pack than Tolman and Napa. They’re the two that should be moved on.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post of the week
We’ve already lost CHN who would’ve been on more money plus we also free up more money once a number of others are moved on by years end. Elliott said he’s followed the dogs since he was 4 and loves the club but needs to do what’s right for his family now that he recently became a dad. He took a pay cut to help the club out so the least the club can do is up their offer for him to stay now we’re in a far better financial situation than the last few years. He puts in every week and would be better behind a stronger pack than Tolman and Napa. They’re the two that should be moved on.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant see him going. As mentioned we have cash from CHN now. Id say we will bump up his offer.
He said in that interview “it was my future coach calling me”
As @DT said, his next 3 will be his best. Id rather keep him and blood the young guys topine and doorey. Spend the majority of our cap on the spine.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I cant see him going. As mentioned we have cash from CHN now. Id say we will bump up his offer.
He said in that interview “it was my future coach calling me”
As @DT said, his next 3 will be his best. Id rather keep him and blood the young guys topine and doorey. Spend the majority of our cap on the spine.
I hope he stays but there was a vibe of uncertainty (imo more towards leaving) in that interview.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck him off. We need props badly. Thompson Rfm Jackson will form our backrow next year. Would have liked to have kept Elliott instead of Jackson. But it's too late for that now. We already have Britt Stimson and Chris Smith signed as back up in the backrow. Again would have prefered Elliott but there already signed no point crying over spilled milk. Therefore we have 6 backrowers. Elliott is now surplus to requirements. Prop is our major issue in our forward pack. Rfm Jackson will play 80 minutes and Thompson will also play close to 80. We cant afford to spend big on Elliott to sit on the bench for half a game. We need the money for other positions especially prop and a half.

Tolman can't be resigned. Napa is signed so needs to be moved to the bench. Sue can't be resigned either. This leaves us with only Napa renouf and Ogden as props for next year. Nither of them are starting props. There all barely good enough as bench players. We simply have to go to market and spend big on at least 2 hard nosed experienced props. No point having a gun backline if we don't have any grunt upfront. Jesse Bronwich would be ideal his off contract. Make an offer he can't refuse. Alex Walmsley would be another plus his played plenty of footy with Thompson. Bronwich Walmsley props with Thompson Jackson and Rfm as backrowers. That's a gun foward pack with plenty of experience that will lay a platform for our backs.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are shit breaks unhappy, elliot leaving is on par, as great news as laundys signing up.
The bloke is shit, we want to become great again.
No more tolmans and elliots and montoya, holland etc, crap at this club.
We have chris smith at a good rate. The exact same player as elliot but cheaper and less mistakes.
We need more line benders, not line parcipitators.
Mal and holbrook are on to it, we need more thompsons but bigger.
Not adam Elliot

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm firstly when did he take a pay cut? The last contract he signed was in 2017 when he was paid OVERS to stay. Parra offered him more and he came back to us saying he’ll stay if we match it. So we did. No pay cut. We paid him more then his value at the time. Does he seem to forget he also has had off field issues where the club has stood by him? Getting his kit off at a club function? Is that a good look? No it’s fucking not. He can leave.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck him off. We need props badly. Thompson Rfm Jackson will form our backrow next year. Would have liked to have kept Elliott instead of Jackson. But it's too late for that now. We already have Britt Stimson and Chris Smith signed as back up in the backrow. Again would have prefered Elliott but there already signed no point crying over spilled milk. Therefore we have 6 backrowers. Elliott is now surplus to requirements. Prop is our major issue in our forward pack. Rfm Jackson will play 80 minutes and Thompson will also play close to 80. We cant afford to spend big on Elliott to sit on the bench for half a game. We need the money for other positions especially prop and a half.

Tolman can't be resigned. Napa is signed so needs to be moved to the bench. Sue can't be resigned either. This leaves us with only Napa renouf and Ogden as props for next year. Nither of them are starting props. There all barely good enough as bench players. We simply have to go to market and spend big on at least 2 hard nosed experienced props. No point having a gun backline if we don't have any grunt upfront. Jesse Bronwich would be ideal his off contract. Make an offer he can't refuse. Alex Walmsley would be another plus his played plenty of footy with Thompson. Bronwich Walmsley props with Thompson Jackson and Rfm as backrowers. That's a gun foward pack with plenty of experience that will lay a platform for our backs.
Yep and then another young gun fast fullback like staines, and then lookout !
I like it
Stains 250 fullback please tell the club this and make this happen. Whatever it takes.staines is the man to wear the one. Better fullback than papenhuzen
Jesse 800 or warmsley
Haas 800
Hooker ? Maybe b smith to keep the grunt flowing 600
Burton 500

Release or trade players to make this happen for a start. A few shifts at laundys hotels at 500 bucks an hour should top them up, hey uncle nick.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm firstly when did he take a pay cut? The last contract he signed was in 2017 when he was paid OVERS to stay. Parra offered him more and he came back to us saying he’ll stay if we match it. So we did. No pay cut. We paid him more then his value at the time. Does he seem to forget he also has had off field issues where the club has stood by him? Getting his kit off at a club function? Is that a good look? No it’s fucking not. He can leave.
when you ask?

Read for yourself.

https://www.zerotackle.com/canterbury-forward-set-for-move-to-rival-club-per-report-nrl-60087/

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if Elliott is crap as some are suggesting why are other clubs offering big money to poach him? Why was Josh Jackson quoted as saying after a match this year that he is one player we need to re sign. Barrett has already called him to say he wants him at the club. We need to offload Tolman and especially Napa. I don’t care if Napa has a year left on his contract, which he does, they should grant him an early release just like the Rorters did as they knew he wasn’t worth the money he was on as he’s past it and a liability.

How is Montoya even in the side? That’s embarrassing for the team and the club, he’s not a first grade player at any club bar us. He has to go.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon TPJ could be a good prop signing. From what I read, there's been murmurs going around the Broncos that he should be shopped around.
Yes, I know...he's getting suspended all the time blah, blah, blah but people need to understand that he is young and most of us have been hot under the collar when we were younger too. I reckon with a couple of more experienced players around him like Jacko, Foran and Hoppa, he would learn to control that aggression. This is the exact reason he has these brain fart moments....they have no leaders in the Broncos team. I reckon he would be worth the risk...

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for the Mad Monday celebrations NO it wasn’t a good look but they paid heavily for that. I put more blame on club officials NOT keeping them in check and the fact that Buzz Rothfield had hired a cameraman to take photos of what was a Private Function.

Yes they shouldn’t of done what they did but I’ve seen and heard a lot worse than that from players from other clubs over the years. He learnt his lesson from that and has moved on as his game has certainly improved since then.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Am I the only one who think Elliott isn't even a massive loss? If he wants more than 400k he can go. He played 5-6 good games and suddenly we need to desperately re-sign him?? No thanks. Our pack isn't a major issue atm.
Jackson should probably move to the middle anyway to play lock eventually and Luke Thompson playing wide in second row i think is where he can be used best.

The money spent on Elliott can be put towards a promising hooker...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Once Elliott retires, he's not a football star anymore.
He's an unemployed aboriginal guy with no real world job skills.
He needs to stock up because it will take him time to have big earning potential.

Brett Kenny cleans the parra leagues club pool now

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So if Elliott is crap as some are suggesting why are other clubs offering big money to poach him? Why was Josh Jackson quoted as saying after a match this year that he is one player we need to re sign. Barrett has already called him to say he wants him at the club. We need to offload Tolman and especially Napa. I don’t care if Napa has a year left on his contract, which he does, they should grant him an early release just like the Rorters did as they knew he wasn’t worth the money he was on as he’s past it and a liability.

How is Montoya even in the side? That’s embarrassing for the team and the club, he’s not a first grade player at any club bar us. He has to go.
Who cares what Jackson thinks, blokes lucky Elliott didn't replace him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has is going to sign with the Dragons. Good luck to him and his family.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Incorrect
Correct actually. Off to the Dragons.. pretty much agreed. Barring last min back flip....

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Once Elliott retires, he's not a football star anymore.
He's an unemployed aboriginal guy with no real world job skills.
Why would you think this? I bet he could get a job quite easily when he’s finished football especially in youth development. The guy is very likeable and I think it’s a terrible shame if he doesn’t play for the bulldogs his whole career.