Accountability

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not time for a meltdown, and our fans can blame refs and penalties and injuries etc but there were many aspects of the loss this week that the team was in control of..

Easily the biggest thing was all the dropped ball in the second half.. no where near good enough.. at least 5 to start the second half and the crucial one while we were on their line when up 16-10..

The defence looked alot better today but still many areas of our game that we are in control of that is not good enough ..

Over to you Pay & coaching staff

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay has some real issues to deal with:

1) JMK is not a long term solution. Does he keep rotating 5/8s until one of them shines or just persist with this guy because he's "tough"
2) goal kicking (with and without Mbye)
3) game management. Not even ATTEMPTING the field goal when up by 6 was suicide.
4) 3000 drop balls
5) Elliot still being shit and Taulau following in his foot steps

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure we were bad in the 2nd half, but Cummins needs to be held accountable for his whistle-happy first half, as does Greenturd for his stupid directives that ruin our game and turn people away from the gates.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how bad we dropped the ball in the second half, there's absolutely no excuse for unfair officialdom... Whether the ref cost us 1 or 10 points neither is acceptable.. in this case the ref undoubtedly cost us 6 points.... So for those of you who struggle with maths , if you deduct 6 points from South's final score, the Bulldogs win FULL STOP.... That's not even to mention the bullshit penalties that help create momentum for souths

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

1) JMK is not a long term solution. Does he keep rotating 5/8s until one of them shines or just persist with this guy because he's "tough"
3) game management. Not even ATTEMPTING the field goal when up by 6 was suicide.
4) 3000 drop balls
Elliott & Taulau are not up to first grade.
Taulau maybe but back to Reggie’s for now.
Elliott we have a problem he has a 3 year contract on 1st grade money and he is useless.

Last edited:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say they were setting up for field goal when elliot or tualau dropped it inside the 20m towards the end.
Foran looked pissed not his fault

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No disrespect to pay but I think he is a rookie coach and it’s not as easy as just selecting teams. Maybe he will need a few more rounds to get the hang of it.

In all honesty outside of a select few players the team has been pretty below average (can’t blame pay too much for that). At the end of the day his influence on the roster has only been minimal, which is to be expected when you take over a team just before preseason starts.

A few senior players need to be more accountable for performances. I think outside of Foran, the Morris boys, lichaa, the marinade (rfm) and mbye no one has been of first grade quality. Montoya has had some glimpses, but all the rest have underperformed including woods, klemmer and Jackson. At their best those 3 should be first chosen for nsw, but on current form I don’t see how either makes it. Ok fair enough Jackson played 75 mins at centre. But still it comes down to team selection too. Having someone like Fine who can cover the back line would have come in handy.

Over all Souths are a bottom 6 team this year and they beat us 4 tries to 2. And in all honesty we didn’t look like holding the ball let alone scoring in that second half. Anything over a 9th place result with this team would be phenomenal. I think pay is finding out how hard it is to be the main dog and he is running out of ideas :p

I would be happy with 80 mins of bone jarring defence (even in a losing effort), but we can barely do that for 3 tackles.

Not sure if it’s fitness, attitude, conditioning or playing talent (or lack their of), but we are not the team I expected (didn’t expect 4/4 but didn’t expect to concede such easy points and not have any line speed in defence). But at the same time it’s early days (cowboys didn’t win until round 6 in 2015).

Bring on the raiders I guess :p

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Refereeeing has killed the game this year. Yes we have major issues but its nowhere near as bad as ppl are making it out to be. It was a stop start game and was hard for anyone to put their stamp on it and get a roll on. Plus losing mbye so early caused a major reshuffle.

In saying that, we do need some changes ASAP for this team.

Montoya needs to go for Olive
Cleeland is a proper 5/8 who can alleviate pressure off Foran who is doing everything.
Jackson to lock
Martin to 2nd row
Fuck elliott off.
Klemmer needs to learn to offload and actually learn how to play football instead of just barging upfield with a hop and skip.

And finally Pay being a rookie is showing how out of depth he is so early in the season. He has so much to learn and he needs to do it quick

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not time for a meltdown, and our fans can blame refs and penalties and injuries etc but there were many aspects of the loss this week that the team was in control of..

Easily the biggest thing was all the dropped ball in the second half.. no where near good enough.. at least 5 to start the second half and the crucial one while we were on their line when up 16-10..

The defence looked alot better today but still many areas of our game that we are in control of that is not good enough ..

Finally.

I suggested we were a bit shit out there and was told to look up the definition of "fatigue" in the dictionary - yeah, all teams get tired, especially those ones that keep coughing up possession. And I see the usual ref blaming already here, and on other thread citing injuries (probably the only half valid excuse, but notwithstanding Souths didn't have a halfback). Here's a tip: great sides just get on with it, and don't allow a situation where we have to worry about referees.

There was the dropsies that kept turning over possession. Then there was Tolman passing for some reason when all he had to do was fall over the line for 6 easy points, or Foran missing that kick from right in front (what a way that would be to lose a final if we make it to September). Or the stuff Moey mentioned above.

Souths should have been put to the sword.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said in previous thread it’s not all the teams fault. Yes we dropped the ball and yes we done some dumb things but any team who gets blown off the park in the first 30-35min of a game with absaloutly garbage penalties on the 4-5th tackle will always get gassed out and do them silly mistakes.

Admit we defended really well with the amount of ball souths had and we almost won the game with all odds against us. The coaching staff and pay are doing a good job as I was worried about our soft defence in round 1-2... but it’s getting better and good signs are ahead... we need to see accountability on the refs for costing us the game.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott & Taulau are not up to first grade.
Taulau maybe but back to Reggie’s for now.
Elliott we have a problem he has a 3 year contract on 2st grade money and he is useless.
Pay should run Elliot into the ground when training, make the useless turd want to leave and when Pay is naming the side he should leave the last position and say Elliot you've trained the house down your reserve for the ISP side.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know about you...
I am sick of political correctness.
I am sick of pointing fingers at the team as a whole or individuals.
I am sick of the belief that things will always even up at the end.
One thing for sure, players and referees are humans and make mistakes.
BUT...
Can not and will not accept a referee systematically penalizing a team out of a game while the other team gets away with the same infringements. Video referees making mistakes despite all the technologies they have at hand.
To me this is an indication of FAR FAR MORE OF A GREATER PROBLEM THAN WE THINK ????
What is your opinion ?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BUT...
Can not and will not accept a referee systematically penalizing a team out of a game while the other team gets away with the same infringements. Video referees making mistakes despite all the technologies they have at hand.
To me this is an indication of FAR FAR MORE OF A GREATER PROBLEM THAN WE THINK ????
What is your opinion ?

Our biggest problem starts and ends with Greenberg. He has given the officials way to much power and made them unaccountable for their actions. What a great f@cking job, go to work be the biggest douche bag, biased, mother f@cking **** that you can be, get payed good $$$$ all while screwing over 10s of thousands hard working people in the process. It's the hard working Mums and Dads, the die hard fans that buy the merchandise, the memberships and attend games with the kids that breath life into NRL and pay these morons their wages.

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Refereeeing has killed the game this year. Yes we have major issues but its nowhere near as bad as ppl are making it out to be. It was a stop start game and was hard for anyone to put their stamp on it and get a roll on. Plus losing mbye so early caused a major reshuffle.

In saying that, we do need some changes ASAP for this team.

Montoya needs to go for Olive
Cleeland is a proper 5/8 who can alleviate pressure off Foran who is doing everything.
Jackson to lock
Martin to 2nd row
Fuck elliott off.
Klemmer needs to learn to offload and actually learn how to play football instead of just barging upfield with a hop and skip.

And finally Pay being a rookie is showing how out of depth he is so early in the season. He has so much to learn and he needs to do it quick
Montoya? you're fucking kidding right?

How many games have you seen Olive play or Martin for that matter?

Don't get sucked down that hole of thinking we have this amazing crop of young guys knocking on the door, we don't.

We are re-building massively, it hurts to say that, but we are...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
BUT...
What is your opinion ?

Yep, betting agencies = cheating!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
People say blaming refs is a cop out. I dont always blame refs for losses, but it is sad how much they contribute to the results of matches. And it isnt just the dogs they fuck up. 100% they ripped tigers off a win vs broncos with a super dogdy penalty at the end (just 1 example of many).

With the souths match, def the refs cost us the match. The penalties, omfg the penalties. One of them that wasnt a penalty cost us a try. By itself lost the match for us. Then add the 5000 other penalties, most on the 4th or 5th tackle that wore us out, having only 1 forward on the bench most of the match, Mbye being out 5 minutes in, Jackson at centre because of it, we should have lost by 20. But souths are shit. I wouldnt back them to beat any decent sides this year, they arent a top 8 team.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

4) 3000 drop balls
With point 1, there is not much pay can do about it this year, he obviously tried his best to get cogger from the knights for this year but they wouldn't play ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.