Abbey

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was one of those calling him into first grade just does not look confident and gets dominated in every tackle

He needs to put on size ... I'll eat my words he is not ready this year as much as I want him to be

Only positive is he pushes up but that's about it

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Size and positional play.

Still at least 1 season away from first grade

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I feel like he is going to break every time he is tackled lol

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs more time in reserve grade and also we need someone like the general to mentor him. Abbey does have potential if coached correctly but at this stage he is not FG ready at all!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He honestly has a bit of Kristina Anu in him.

Looks a bit lethargic and non urgent. klemmer needs to put a rocket in his ass.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Abbey, but he would certainly benefit from dropping back out of FG once Hoppa is back.

He's getting a taste for FG which is good, dropping back and developing more from here can't really hurt his game, and he does need to improve a bit in a few areas.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open chequebook for teddy only problem is the chequebook can't compete with the brown paper bags from uncle nick

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He is a liability. Positional play is rubbish . He lacks that extra effort . Leads to go back to reserves and work on his game . He will be a decent fullback in time. Unfortunately we have 2 wingers so.he cant start on the wing.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Abbey might have to go back to reserve grade but not for Hoppa.

Reactions: DT

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Aren't we paying him 300k at the moment.

It's the last year of his contract, that money could go a long way to securing someone like Tedesco who's ready to slot straight in.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye is not a 1 according to Des that's obvious tonight when he chose B Moz to replace Abbey

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
If you guys ever watched NSW Cup you would've realised Abbey is shit at that standard let alone first grade!

Most of the people here who were calling for him as some kind of saviour did it on the basis of some YouTube clips and Toyota/Holden cup games for the Warriors!

The club should release him and never look back at that mistake!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys ever watched NSW Cup you would've realised Abbey is shit at that standard let alone first grade!

Most of the people here who were calling for him as some kind of saviour did it on the basis of some YouTube clips and Toyota/Holden cup games for the Warriors!

I now reluctantly agree was worth a shot

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Anyone who regularly watched NSW Cup last year would have the same opinion - he was average at that level, easily dominated and refuses to attack the ball in the in goal.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he isn't a slater but he is ok considering his only played a few games... I agree a bit more size is needed these days to break the line at speed he gets completely dominated even at full speed lol... Brett looked good at the back but I'd prob give mbye a run one game see how he goes... if not just leave Brett back there and throw hoppa in Brett's spot

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

If you opened your eyes whilst watching the back end of the NSW Cup 2016 season, you'd have seen Abbey come along in strides.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Abbey is still only 20, I don't think its unreasonable that he doesn't have all of his game worked out yet, he should drop back a grade for a bit, but he hasn't done bad given the circumstances imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.