Opinion Aaron Schoupp

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He has done well and fixed some of the biggest flaws in his game. Still think he’s a bit overrated, though. He gas mongrel, but don’t think he has the skills to ever be truly elite.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoupp and Kiraz…. Two successful long term players for us! It’s been a good few months…
Apart from JAC, both have outperformed their higher paid backline teammates for the most part

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's like Olam early in his career. Effort is there, but bloke just needs to learn how to pass to JAC. I will cut him some slack though as sometimes Burton doesn't know what he's doing on the inside, with some wayward passes and grubbers.
Once they've played more games together I think they will all improve alot and be one of the best left edges in the comp.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's like Olam early in his career. Effort is there, but bloke just needs to learn how to pass to JAC. I will cut him some slack though as sometimes Burton doesn't know what he's doing on the inside, with some wayward passes and grubbers.
Once they've played more games together I think they will all improve alot and be one of the best left edges in the comp.
we also have the option that all 3 can play winger, all 3 can take the tough carries and make yardage

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good solid aggressive player, glad we have him. Think he will be a good contrast to Alamoni when he establishes himself in first grade.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes warming to first grade, his defence has been a lot better and i love that he never shies away from the tough stuff. Next step for him is to develop his catch and pass to unlock the fox even more but he definitely looks like a long term option. Love the aggression too

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He definitely needs to work on some aspects of his attacking game, namely his passing ability, but I really like the bloke. He plays like an angry **** and wants to flog his opposing centre, which is great to see. The look in his eye when he was talking about being shown that dogs clip when he first came to the club was great lol

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep get it (not having superstars in every position), the problem I see is that we have kiraz and alamoti coming through. Attacking wise they're both showing more than schoupp from a hitting lines and offloads and passing perspective
Maybe better to have a tough defender and great attacker in the centres as with some of the great centre pairings over time.
Centre is not all about attack.
Also great to have the options. I reckon Schoupp and or Alamoti (in a couple of years) maybe good back rowers.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most promising of all the centre candidates. One thing he needs to keep in check is his determination to show how tough he is.
He doesnt have to prove it by showing aggression in every tackle. It will come against him at some stage.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tough young bloke definitely improving, needs to work on the ball skills/develop the passing game.Hope he continues on the upward curve, more good backline players we have the better.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tough young bloke definitely improving, needs to work on the ball skills/develop the passing game.Hope he continues on the upward curve, more good backline players we have the better.
He will. I reckon Potter would have had a word, especially about one possible that would have put JAC away.
Anyway plenty of upside.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoupp’s making good progress this year. I like Kiraz as a centre so will be interested in the backline when Alomoti is ready.