Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
bahahahaha DJ will be the 5/8!! oh yeah way to go teammmm

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bahahahaha DJ will be the 5/8!! oh yeah way to go teammmm
Yee of little faith. you just wait and see, DJ will shine behind a decent pack and outside a good 1/2 back.

The thing with DJ is he is not a 1/2 back, he is a natural second reciever.

Normo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Disappointing. But I heard it was on the cards. I have kind of known Groom for many years lets just say he is an acquaintance. And the night SBW walked out of the club one of Groom's best mates told me he was looking to move to the UK.

Good luck to him.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yee of little faith. you just wait and see, DJ will shine behind a decent pack and outside a good 1/2 back.

i wasnt being sarcastic lol. i like dj. i want him 2 b the 5/8

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
wish he had stayed a bit longer, he may have been given a crack at 6 or at least a spot on the bench. i don't know how playing for sheffield can help his career tho.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score

Rolfcopterjacktheladhasnoideaholdsworthisuselessandwaseveragein06toosaurus LOL

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
wtf i don't get. why would he go there?
Why wouldn't he go? He wasn't getting a run, he wasn't playing the position he wanted and would be getting paid a lot more over there. He could very well captain the club in years to come.

We have let some real talent go in the halves in both Tamauta and Groom. Yet we keep Holdsworth!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
I thought it was likely that Groom would become a superstar after seeing his highlights video but it just goes to show you that lower grades means nothing. He really hasn't showed that much quality since coming from Manly IMO, even in the WC.

I don't see why he'd prefer an English 2nd division club to one here (where the best RL is played) other than the pay was better and he wants to travel. Whatever the reason, he's no great loss but I would have liked to see if he could have become a regular first grader.

Taumata was a bigger loss. I just know he's gonna carve for Melbourne and I'll have another reason to dislike Greenberg.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Aaron Groom would recieve a nice pay packet going over there.

Taumata already was about to leave the dogs anyways unless the dogs were gonna offer him a good salary. Anyways the Storm are like the Roosters very attractive club to go to.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well anyway he could be the next biggest thing...... in the english 2nd division that is

lukesdogs

Armchair Coach
Reaction score
I'm curious who they gonna re-sign this year.

Barba
Groom: GONE
Morrin
Sullivan
Holdsworth
Roberts
Winitana
Millard
Harrison
Utai
El Masri
i could not see them re-signing
hazem
milard
holdsworth
morrin
utai

look to signing the younger players but you never know if these players play well thay may get another go.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Speculation time......... is the release of Groom a move to to free up further monies for the '10 season ??? Both Bird and Carney will be available for any club with the cash. Carney can't get a U.K. visa, so he is stuck in this country. I would also suggest that Bird may face the same problem. Groom is a fine young player, but is there a bigger picture here ???

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
how long did her sign for? anyone knw
2 years

Speculation time......... is the release of Groom a move to to free up further monies for the '10 season ??? Both Bird and Carney will be available for any club with the cash. Carney can't get a U.K. visa, so he is stuck in this country. I would also suggest that Bird may face the same problem. Groom is a fine young player, but is there a bigger picture here ???
i doubt groom would be on big money and he was off contract this season anyway..

Markb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
just for the record i posted this 2 hours before you gizmo

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Aaron Groom would recieve a nice pay packet going over there.

Taumata already was about to leave the dogs anyways unless the dogs were gonna offer him a good salary. Anyways the Storm are like the Roosters very attractive club to go to.
uhh roosters are only attractive because of the $$$....

Most players wouldn't bother going there otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.