A Salute =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not much of thread but I thought credit is due when its deserved.

I would like to Salute all the people who were saying that the bulldogs overachieved in 2012 as it is the obvious reason for the Dogs lacluster performance in 2013.

I saw some people saying this in round 5 and some even before the season of promise started. I really thought we would go all the way this year having felt the heartache of a grand final loss but if human physcology around the workplace tells us something its when u overacheive, u become vulnerable to lazyness.

Now they know what underacheiving is and im sure that dont sit right with anyone associated with the club.

Bring on 2014... =)

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just IMO, but we dont have the spine to make an impact next year. This issue was smoothed over in 2012 because we had Barba pulling performances out of his ass week in week out. I expect us to finish somewhere from 6 - 12th tbh, unless of course we manage to snare hayne or someone of his calibre.

We had the same issues last year in scoring points from close range and building pressure. It was just amplified this season due to a number of issues.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just IMO, but we dont have the spine to make an impact next year. This issue was smoothed over in 2012 because we had Barba pulling performances out of his ass week in week out. I expect us to finish somewhere from 6 - 12th tbh, unless of course we manage to snare hayne or someone of his calibre.

We had the same issues last year in scoring points from close range and building pressure. It was just amplified this season due to a number of issues.
We will make an impact next year, if the Bulldogs play for and bleed for each other we will give 2014 a shake. I am looking forward to next year, Bulldogs always bite back.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ummm the bulldogs have never really had spine... u only have to look at our past half backs, five eights and fullbacks to realise tha dogs are a team that grind wins out through their defence. They overacheieve and now they underacheieved. Their shouldnt be no headaches next yr so it would be easy to keep it consistant. Tha dogs will be back.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Not much of thread but I thought credit is due when its deserved.

I would like to Salute all the people who were saying that the bulldogs overachieved in 2012 as it is the obvious reason for the Dogs lacluster performance in 2013.

I saw some people saying this in round 5 and some even before the season of promise started. I really thought we would go all the way this year having felt the heartache of a grand final loss but if human physcology around the workplace tells us something its when u overacheive, u become vulnerable to lazyness.

Now they know what underacheiving is and im sure that dont sit right with anyone associated with the club.

Bring on 2014... =)
I think the issue this season was consistency, something we had last season. We didnt have any off field issues and hardly any of our players were suspended and/or injured. Hasler ketp the same team week in and week out.

I didnt really think we were going to go all the way this year but I do have belief inHasler to take us premiership glory :grinning:

Reaction score
my salute of the day goes to anthony sharwood, the telegraphs no.2 troll ( richard hinds being no.1 )

he published this today - " Gimme a break. Actually give me about 206 breaks. That's every bone in the body. "

That's what you call an offer too good to refuse.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh great thread. Lets salute the pessimists. Great idea. You got one thing right, it isnt much of a thread. Like a lot of ppl u have problems to whinge about but no solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read again... Its wrapped in Optimism lol

Plus u cant call someone a pessimist once the results are out.

Solution?? Umm maybe the fact that their mental statuses have changed... lol

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read again... Its wrapped in Optimism lol

Plus u cant call someone a pessimist once the results are out.

Solution?? Umm maybe the fact that there mental statuses have changed... lol
On what planet is that a solution?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well besides the obvious physical ones such as fullbacks and weight loss then yes it is.

The main problem this yr was we were getting out enthused in every game thinking based on the perormances last yr we would surely come home with the win. BUT we didnt and if we did we struggled.

Its an obvious mental solution that solved itself through the heartache of underacheiving.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well besides the obvious physical ones such as fullbacks and weight loss then yes it is.

The main problem this yr was we were getting out enthused in every game thinking based on the perormances last yr we would surely come home with the win. BUT we didnt and if we did we struggled.

Its an obvious mental solution that solved itself through the heartache of underacheiving.
I'm not sure if its just me but I'm thinking a lot of what you say doesn't make sense

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its Obvious I wasnt saluting you... So u wouldnt understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.