Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think we might reach for the top 8 in 26. Get close in 25 maybe. 24 looking fucking grim

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're dumb questions. We've had ample of time to sign the right players and failed to do so, turning around now and asking who I'd sign instead after all this is stupid. Replacing shit with different shit still leaves you with shit.

So many of you still don't get Gus' recruitment policy and it's like taking to a wall on here about it because you all are so desperate to try and portray every signing as some positive. Every year it's the same fucking nonsense with you lot.
Mate we could sign guys like AFB for next year and you would not be happy with it.

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Yo word out to all d habibs and G’s up herein this dawghouse.
I wants to know here’s this rumour of us stealing Jason Taumololo originated yo?
His lives his whole life in Nth qld
We need closed captions yo

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team I would pick:

01. Blake Taaffe
02. Jacob Kiraz
03. Stephen Crichton
04. Matt Burton
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Drew Hutchison
07. Toby Sexton
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Liam Knight
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jaeman Salmon
16. Poasa Faamausili
17. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

Team Cameron Ciraldo will pick:

01. Stephen Crichton
02. Blake Taaffe/Blake Wilson
03. Jacob Kiraz
04. Bronson Xerri
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Matt Burton
07. Toby Sexton
08. Sio Siua Taukeiaho
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Liam Knight
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14. Kurt Mann/Drew Hutchison
15. Jaeman Salmon
16. Poasa Faamausili
17. Max King
What about Perham wheres Perham... lol

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weakest outside backs?

I’d argue our prop rotation is the worst in the comp by Fucking a long way. I’d say other teams have better bench or reserve grade props than we do in our squad….

Our backrow I think is very good with kikau hopefully getting a healthy run and Preston developing. Curran is very exciting for me personally to see as our 13 hopefully.

Though our backline has to be right up there with the best? Critta, Jac and elite. Absolute top shelf. Kiraz is a very fucking good winger and arguably before injury was looking next level to bordering elite. Centre maybe an option depending what role critta plays. Xerri I personally have huge hopes on and can understand downplaying that but also understand the kid was elite and looked amazing as a 18 year old. He has missed some time but let’s also acknowledge the kid is exactly that… a kid still… those 4 alone have the ability to be extremely exciting and potentially score from anywhere.

Kikau inside them will be massive (think how much different alomoti and Jac looked with him before injuries).

Those guys are next level not alomiti level.

Mahoney hasn’t had a fair crack with us being dominated in the middle and I don’t care what you say until the props are fixed he won’t get a chance to show how good he truly is. Prior to our pack going to shit he looked impressive and like we finally got a quality 9. With the eels (in a A+ pack) he looked in top 3 hooker convos. Burton won’t go that far defending but he clearly has elite ability just hasn’t had the experience behind a pack of quality nor a partner to develop with. The backline should make these guys look better but the pack really needs to lay a platform. Health permitting we should drastically improve even with guys like knight and king and hopefully sst and Sutton carting it up. It’s still not enough ti be remotely dangerous to challenge the best teams but I’m really hoping Gus lands afb and may.

A pack of may afb kikau Preston Curran in theory is amazing and would be outstanding to see the backline and everyone should find it so much easier playing behind a prop pairing like that.
Sorry let me rephrase… I didn’t mean weak as in shitty players I meant as in strong hard running ball carriers… don’t get me wrong im loving our backline in attack but we lack the hard running type of player like a sivo in the back line. I miss the Utai days of just barging over from sheer strength which jac or any winger we currently have can do. Hope I’m proven wrong but we defff need some big bodies up front or they are all useless

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am not surprised that we have only ended up with one prop. There was only about 6 props that changed clubs out of all the props that were available which was not a great deal. Only two props that actually changed clubs in Flegler and Leniu were worth persuing so there wasn't much available. Players like Haas and Tino were always going to stay with their clubs.

So I can see how we have ended up with only one fringe prop so far. So I guess the policy is to develop Faamausili and our existing props like Booth, Hughes and Patolo.