Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It goes to show that some people haven't learned the lessons from this year's injury crises as well as not seeing penrith's system, which shows how important it is to have experienced depth.
We don't have a top 17, the fuck are you on about depth lmao. Call it out for what it is.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Turpin will be 14 because Mahoney is a speed hump

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We have one of the weakest outside backs in the comp by far… top that with next to no forward pack to get us up field? Wtf is going on with retention and recruitment… better hope there’s better to come or tick us off for wooden spoon favs next season!
Weakest outside backs?

I’d argue our prop rotation is the worst in the comp by Fucking a long way. I’d say other teams have better bench or reserve grade props than we do in our squad….

Our backrow I think is very good with kikau hopefully getting a healthy run and Preston developing. Curran is very exciting for me personally to see as our 13 hopefully.

Though our backline has to be right up there with the best? Critta, Jac and elite. Absolute top shelf. Kiraz is a very fucking good winger and arguably before injury was looking next level to bordering elite. Centre maybe an option depending what role critta plays. Xerri I personally have huge hopes on and can understand downplaying that but also understand the kid was elite and looked amazing as a 18 year old. He has missed some time but let’s also acknowledge the kid is exactly that… a kid still… those 4 alone have the ability to be extremely exciting and potentially score from anywhere.

Kikau inside them will be massive (think how much different alomoti and Jac looked with him before injuries).

Those guys are next level not alomiti level.

Mahoney hasn’t had a fair crack with us being dominated in the middle and I don’t care what you say until the props are fixed he won’t get a chance to show how good he truly is. Prior to our pack going to shit he looked impressive and like we finally got a quality 9. With the eels (in a A+ pack) he looked in top 3 hooker convos. Burton won’t go that far defending but he clearly has elite ability just hasn’t had the experience behind a pack of quality nor a partner to develop with. The backline should make these guys look better but the pack really needs to lay a platform. Health permitting we should drastically improve even with guys like knight and king and hopefully sst and Sutton carting it up. It’s still not enough ti be remotely dangerous to challenge the best teams but I’m really hoping Gus lands afb and may.

A pack of may afb kikau Preston Curran in theory is amazing and would be outstanding to see the backline and everyone should find it so much easier playing behind a prop pairing like that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So, do you prefer the club just to stick with the same duds that you've whined about for years? Who would you have signed then?
What a predictable response :tearsofjoy:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Answer the questions mate.
We've had since November last year to recruit for 2024. A lot of these signings are desperation since there's nothing left now. There would of been other (better) options over the last year. We either weren't interested in them or missed out on them.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've had since November last year to recruit for 2024. A lot of these signings are desperation since there's nothing left now. There would of been other (better) options over the last year. We either weren't interested in them or missed out on them.
I hope we get AFB next year. I also hope Issac matalavea-booth is ready as well and can play some first grade next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Answer the questions mate.
They're dumb questions. We've had ample of time to sign the right players and failed to do so, turning around now and asking who I'd sign instead after all this is stupid. Replacing shit with different shit still leaves you with shit.

So many of you still don't get Gus' recruitment policy and it's like taking to a wall on here about it because you all are so desperate to try and portray every signing as some positive. Every year it's the same fucking nonsense with you lot.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
They're dumb questions. We've had ample of time to sign the right players and failed to do so, turning around now and asking who I'd sign instead after all this is stupid. Replacing shit with different shit still leaves you with shit.

So many of you still don't get Gus' recruitment policy and it's like taking to a wall on here about it because you all are so desperate to try and portray every signing as some positive. Every year it's the same fucking nonsense with you lot.
Fair call but other side is who did we miss in gun props that switched? Flegler? I’d struggle to name another 1!

You could argue the broncos benchie that went to titans but that’s a stretch.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you criticise Saint Gus you get you are supposed to be a Dogs supporter blah blah blah, all you do is criticise.

When I do it, I get you aren't a Dogs supporter, what would you know.

My team have been there, they got players that were needed, not ones that we have to get cause of FOMO.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair call but other side is who did we miss in gun props that switched? Flegler? I’d struggle to name another 1!

Tino and Moses Leota would have been a good buys.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you criticise Saint Gus you get you are supposed to be a Dogs supporter blah blah blah, all you do is criticise.

When I do it, I get you aren't a Dogs supporter, what would you know.

My team have been there, they got players that were needed, not ones that we have to get cause of FOMO.
Adam Reynolds would have been a good buy for us. He has been good for you guys. If he played for us, half of this forum would call for his sacking after one mistake.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I agree there wasn't much in terms of guns but there was still quality options available. I'm not digging for names now but I'll do it tonight if you really want me too lol.

I've mentioned it before but Gus really doesn't give a shit about short-term results and has his eyes on the future. His recruitment tells us this. The bulk of his signings are what he thinks is an elite player for the future (Burton, Crichton, Mahoney, Kikau) and signs them on a long-term deal, players looking for a direct path to firstgrade (Preston, Karl) and/or players with basically no where else to go and simply looking for an opportunity (basically all these signings) and giving them short-term deals. If he finds a Preston then great, if not then he just cuts them loose (Pele, EQW) and moves on.

I don't particularly disagree with this but after 7 years of crap I simply just want us put out a competitive roster and watch a couple of decent games of footy from us. I'm just tired or it and tired of our fans trying to spin every signing as some 4D chess play by Gus.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge. Well done.