Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Despite our signing suggesting otherwise, we are not Penrith.
We have to develop our own brand of footy back to what it used to, tough as square nails.
Only willie mason, Jarrod Hickey and Kasiano played close to that weight. When the team was successful, Shrek, Asotasi, Bobcat and were closer to 100, they were agile and able to cover in defence. The big boppers get found out by good teams. Am still remembering Berrigan tearing the dogs apart in 06. As well as the middle being exposed in big matches by souths and to a lesser extent the storm.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just noted that he wasn’t listed in the nrl.com development list last week.

That list is bullshit now according to PR PG.

Could be gone, could be here. Not sure.
@Apex Cedar do you know if he's still with us?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Poasa Faamausili has ran over a 100m once so far in his NRL career
He’s obviously not a key middle signing but this stat needs to be put into perspective, he has broadly come off the bench playing limited mins…if given decent game time, likely tells a different story

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Add 5kg for those above 110kg and 10kg for those below 110kg, 15 for those below 105kg and we will have the size we sorely need.
The primary mission should be bulking up and improving the cardio of our forwards in the off-season.
If not natural to carry that weight wouldnt they all move around like sloths and risk more injuries?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMB was mentioned in an article by DT 4 days ago. I don’t have access so can’t see it.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Add 5kg for those above 110kg and 10kg for those below 110kg, 15 for those below 105kg and we will have the size we sorely need.
The primary mission should be bulking up and improving the cardio of our forwards in the off-season.
We definitely need more size, hard to bulk and improve cardio at the same time I’d reckon. I’m old school, you either bulked or trimmed down and increase cardio. I must admit I’m a bit of a dinosaur with this stuff so maybe modern science can help with bulking and improving cardio in one hit? If not, I’d be happy for the lads to just bulk all off season and as the season progresses they’ll drop a few kgs and cardio will improve.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know about that. It seems other clubs are running with lighter forwards, maybe because the games a bit faster. But if you look at say Panthers mids Moses Leota 107 kg,1.82 m & Fisher-Harris 104 kg, 1.87 m. Raiders starting mids Papalii 110 kg, 1.83 m & Joseph Tapine 106 kg, 1.89 m.

Though Broncos have Haas their other props are light with Jensen107 kg, 188 cm & Brendan Piakura 102 kg, 1.89 m. Roosters have Hargreaves at 116 kg, 1.92 m but Collins 106 kg 1.94 m & May 108 kg, 1.83 m are lighter.

Knights, Storm, Parra, Manly and especially Tigers have big mids and overall packs. I think as long as they have a big heart thats important. Harris and Leota keep taking the ball up bending the line even though they are not big. But they still have a lot of strength and power. I didn't realize Collins was so light as he seems like a giant for Qld.

I agree that maybe Hughes could do some damage with his size. Maybe Knight could benefit with a couple of extra kilos. But he is agile so being lighter may benefit. I reckon Sutton may benefit from another 5 or so kilos as he's more a traditional prop.

Last edited: