A long year ahead people

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well lets see...

Same backline as last year except Brenko Jee for Rona and Kerrod Holland for Sam Perrett. Lee will go better than Rona - Perrett miles better than Holland.

Same forward pack with four front rowers in the starting side with Tolman another year slower

Yeah... 2017 looks like a repeat of 2016 except for one thing. All the other clubs got stronger while we stagnated.

I wonder what else is on the TV.
Surely this is all coming to a head very soon, the amount of pressure building within the club and team and fans for that matter is enormous...fan forums like this cant all be wrong can they and surely the playing group have had enough as well?

My bold prediction is that the lid is about to boil over big time, maybe within the next few weeks, the fans overwhelmingly are sick of the tripe that is being dished up year after year.

There is 'a change a comin' folks', i can feel it in my waters....

Enough is enough for this sad reflection of a once proud strong club. If loyal long term fans are up in arms surely the players are not immune from the feeling, they would have to be stones to not share some of the concerns with the way we play each game.

I love the Bulldogs and always will but there is something rotten within and it needs to go, and quickly, before it ruins everything that has been built up for so long.

Turvey and Baa saw it, the fans see it, i reckon its all about to come out...one more big loss and the wheels will completely come off this train wreck...lets see if im right

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still don't Get why des doesn't want our forwards steaming onto the ball

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hard to take much out of the storm match, you don't really want to be playing the best defence in the nrl in the rain, where its already harder to score. Belmore doesnt drain as well as anz and other fulltime venues either.

And there was nothing in it. We won the last 75 minutes 6-2. We remove the shitty start and we were ok in the conditions.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh wow.... another thread of negativity..... get over it people! 2017 is a write off. Just accept it and look for individual signs of positivity for the rebuilding phase

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Do you even understand that it was pissing down rain ffs?

What type of footy can you play in such weather conditions. We had so many chances to win that game. We blew them all. It's only round 1.

We honestly played pretty well and defence (besides the first 10 minutes) was pretty solid.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Mate, the better team won. Which wasn't our team.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still don't Get why des doesn't want our forwards steaming onto the ball
I wonder this also. we havent had anyone since Shrek. I thought Faulolo or the other new bloke would be the ones coming through. Hope someone does soon as it is a weak link.
Even so many of the backs in ther sides run hell of alot harder than our forwards.
Klemmer is 50/50, need consistent runner.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that it's important we don't make any changes yet. The team needs a few games to settle in to the newer style of play - and it has some elements of being better than the previous years. We need to persevere before we succeed.
The problem is our spine, our starting spine would not make any other teams line up... we don't have the skill, eels had more repeat sets against eagles yesterday then we did the entire year last year...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh wow.... another thread of negativity..... get over it people! 2017 is a write off. Just accept it and look for individual signs of positivity for the rebuilding phase
I'm not really sure this is rebuilding phase when there hasn't been any new players bought in besides Lee.

We can't really start to rebuild until after 2018 when Graham, both Morris's and Eastwood come off contract and we can be a major player in the player market until then we are stagnant and stuck with what we have unless some gun juniors or low budget buys come good.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not really sure this is rebuilding phase when there hasn't been any new players bought in besides Lee.

We can't really start to rebuild until after 2018 when Graham, both Morris's and Eastwood come off contract and we can be a major player in the player market until then we are stagnant and stuck with what we have unless some gun juniors or low budget buys come good.
2020. Year if the dog. Heard it here first

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If loyal long term fans are up in arms surely the players are not immune from the feeling, they would have to be stones to not share some of the concerns with the way we play each game.

I love the Bulldogs and always will but there is something rotten within and it needs to go, and quickly, before it ruins everything that has been built up for so long.

Turvey and Baa saw it, the fans see it, i reckon its all about to come out...one more big loss and the wheels will completely come off this train wreck...lets see if im right
I've been a Berries/Bulldogs fan for 56 years and my emotions are affected by anything that goes down in the club.

I believe that there is "something rotten" as DT mentioned and it can only come from the executive suite. So what are Ralene Castle, Ray Dib and the Bard of Directors really doing?

This is just my opinion:

Whenever it is the next Chairman and Board of Directors election can't come quick enough, simply because if what is happening keeps happening the club will implode and over eighty years of of the Canterbury Bankstown Rugby League Football Club could be lost forever.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly every other team has reinvented there attacking structure and we have not I look at most teams over the weekend some with new Halfs and combos and have clicked and we have not moved forward
It's a bit off topic but I would love to hear what mick ennis has to say about the way the clubs being run under Hasler he has had a few digs at them but there's more to it

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watched replay again and watching the one pass with no support play as they were just standing in one spot was hard to sink in i was thinking they must be trained to serve this shit because it possibly couldn't be fatigue cause it was on 5min in the game,i must say we can say we have the worst attack in the nrl and our team looks so slow and plump

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I watched replay again and watching the one pass with no support play as they were just standing in one spot was hard to sink in i was thinking they must be trained to serve this shit because it possibly couldn't be fatigue cause it was on 5min in the game,i must say we can say we have the worst attack in the nrl and our team looks so slow and plump
We were on a ground that isnt a fulltime ground so doesnt drain as well as others,in the pouring rain. Nobody on the ground was fast. Not sure where you get plump from. Some players actually look slimmer or lighter than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.