A little perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what you are saying is that this is just about more money. And if we offer him more money his family will magically not move anymore.
Money is massive factor... But there are other issues

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
There's lots of stuff going on behind closed doors...it's not definite that he is going...

Negotiations are undergoing, and if agreements are reached he will be staying...

Lets just wait till the club make a statement...
Mate apparently you have some inside knowledge regarding the club and all, but surely you still can't be clutching at the chance he comes to an agreement after all this time?

Even as an outsider its pretty clear what Barba's preference is, he is as good as gone.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Money is massive factor... But there are other issues
I hope you explain all of this one day. Might go a long way to make a lot of people not angry anymore.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you explain all of this one day. Might go a long way to make a lot of people not angry anymore.
Mate I wish I could but I know for a fact and through IP trace that we have a coupe of ****wit journos tolling this site for any kind of scoop or comment...

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate apparently you have some inside knowledge regarding the club and all, but surely you still can't be clutching at the chance he comes to an agreement after all this time?

Even as an outsider its pretty clear what Barba's preference is, he is as good as gone.
I'm not clutching mate, I'm saying it as it is...

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is going move on guys use are just talkin rubbish and wasting every ones time lol

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate I wish I could but I know for a fact and through IP trace that we have a coupe of ****wit journos tolling this site for any kind of scoop or comment...
journalistic espionage hey, journos with accounts on the kennel with whom we unwittingly converse with planted to source stories.
I wonder if Paul Kent has registered a name in here.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
journalistic espionage hey, journos with accounts on the kennel with whom we unwittingly converse with planted to source stories.
I wonder if Paul Kent has registered a name in here.
just look out for the "lurkers"

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So a question to you all - Would YOU move to be close to those children if at all possible? Again im sure the answer is a straight up YES

Given this is it unreasonable that Barba wants to move to be close to his children?
I challenge you to say that it is? and then go to tell your young kids you wouldnt move if they did, and see the look on their young faces
Of course not, no club would want to hold a father back from his family. So let me ask you a question

1. If Barba and Orr didn't seek a release and use the excuse "his family potentially moving up North" Under what grounds would they have to seek a release? under what reason that is valid enough for the Bulldogs to let him go and break his contact?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not surprising.

I just wish if there is more to it that Ben had handled this differently. It's going to be hard for me to have a positive opinion of him ever again.

So much drama he has caused. Makes me so mad.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why are people saying Barba may play tomorrow?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I'd just like to say hi to Danny Weidler.

That is all.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not surprising.

I just wish if there is more to it that Ben had handled this differently. It's going to be hard for me to have a positive opinion of him ever again.

So much drama he has caused. Makes me so mad.
Honestly thats why I'm upset, if he done it differently he could of come up smelling like roses.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot if people should just stay quite... Because there's a strong possibility that they might end up with eggs on their face..

#justsayin
We shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to believe the words from people we trust. Egg or no Egg.

As I said in my long and probably pointless post. Money might be involved.. most of us wouldn't know, but I have a contact that isn't footy related that confirms the things I said about the family situation.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perspective is that on his day he is worth alot more than the 250-300k he is currently on. Both he and his manager are aware of this an have approached the dogs in an appaling manner esp when u use family as an excuse. Fact he should get an upgrade however his attitude and actions throughout the year have alot to be desired for.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ATM he is injured and not in the side so what he wants is not a concern at this point, what matters are the players we have available and the games we are about to play and that's all we should be discussing - if we turn up from here on we are about to play finals footy, that's what we need to be focusing on, nothing more - anything else is a distraction that we simply do not need.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perspective is that on his day he is worth alot more than the 250-300k he is currently on. Both he and his manager are aware of this an have approached the dogs in an appaling manner esp when u use family as an excuse. Fact he should get an upgrade however his attitude and actions throughout the year have alot to be desired for.
His manager would have to be the worst in the business. He has a history of negotiating long term contracts for his clients only to realise he has sold his clients short .He did so when he managed SBW, he did the same with Cherry Evans and he's done the same with Barba. He must be a tool and not know the actual market value of his clients. It was only last year he negotiated a contract extension for Barba at the dogs.
NRL would do well and review his licence, he seems very incompetant.....or shonky.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats some little perspective. more of a rant.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's lots of stuff going on behind closed doors...it's not definite that he is going...

Negotiations are undergoing, and if agreements are reached he will be staying...

Lets just wait till the club make a statement...
Your optimism is unheard these days...I mean why did he go o. The sterlo show without telling caterbury. When they tried to contact him all phones were off. Next he's manager confirmed he ask for prior to Canterbury being able to really even consider his request trying to force they're hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.