A little bit of perspective

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just some food for thought regarding our round 1 loss…

Last year’s grand finalists both lost at home. Sharks lost at home. Roosters lost away to a debutant.

It’s not all doom and gloom when you think about it.
The way some of the kennellers have been carrying on, it's the end of the earth, apocalyptic even.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s what we do next that will define us.
If we suck again then start dropping players FFS.
Einstein even knows u can’t use same formula and expect a different result just ask Trent Barrett .

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't compare us to Sharks or Roosters. I can guarantee both will be there in September, while we are carving out another spoon.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Last year’s grand finalists both lost at home. Sharks lost at home. Roosters lost away to a debutant.

To counter that those teams have been super successful for a few years. No comparison to the Groundhog Day situation we are facing atm.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am usually optimistic about The Dogs in general, but the way we were manhandled by Manly is quiet depressing to be honest.

Realise we were down on troops but i doubt it made a huge difference.

Even Kiks looked a little intimidated in my view .... never seen that from him before.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Who knew the kennel would be in meltdown after the loss?

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am usually optimistic about The Dogs in general, but the way we were manhandled by Manly is quiet depressing to be honest.

Realise we were down on troops but i doubt it made a huge difference.

Even Kiks looked a little intimidated in my view .... never seen that from him before.
Totally agree. Time to activate Mase and Shrek from training staff to top 30, get some starch in the engine room :tearsofjoy:

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

How’s this for perspective

We were the worse performed team after round 1

Had enough of excuses and rebuilds , the team on park on Saturday was more than capable of showing a better performance than what they did

How much more excuses are we gonna put up with ?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The lack of front row options was glaring even with all the troops on deck - we are so fucking small it’s not funny!

The balance of our pack is awful, we need a no frills metre eater prop like a Leota and then the alpha male prop like Nelson or Papa/Tino/Paulo etc.

All the successful teams have always had a big intimidating pack….

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck these stats, I’m sick of hearing this shit. Yeah I may seem negative but fuck it I’ve had enough. I just watched the replay of the game and I’m actually in disbelief. No team that lost this weekend played ANYWHERE near as bad as what we did yesterday.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The difference is we have seen this movie every year since 2016

Those teams you mentioned will bounce back because they have a stronger roster and know how to win

We literally playing with make shit pack with two unheralded starting props, unfit rookie prop and another lightweight rookie in Tanner

We have Nu Brown at 13

We need everything and more to go our way to jag wins

Those other teams will recover fast (I’ll be surprised if they don’t)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s what we do next that will define us.
If we suck again then start dropping players FFS.
Einstein even knows u can’t use same formula and expect a different result just ask Trent Barrett .
What we do next? We already suck !! The talk was cheap through pre season, won’t matter how many we drop still be same outcome. We will bottom 4!! The sad times continue as a doggie’s supporter. Full STOP.