A legend's advice to Kieran Foran: go to Canterbury and play for Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd 100% take him. A player like Foran is the difference between us winning a comp and making up numbers. What have we got to lose? If he's a success we are a much better team. If he fails we let him go and we are no worse off.
Agreed... similar to Barba's rise and fall he can also bounce back in the right team.... I would take foran with open arms

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez there are some idiots on here. If you put aside all his mental demons you are left with a broken body. He has had 8 hamstring injuries in the last 3 years! His career is gooonnee! I'm not a massive fan of Reynolds/Mbye combo but it's sure as hell better than having Foran play 10-15 games a year and we have to constantly bring halves up from NSW Cup to replace him when he breaks down again and again and again and again.....
As much as I'd love a fit and healthy Foran in good mental state wearing our mighty blue and white bulldog jersey,
I tend to agree with you,

I just wonder how much value we would actually get out of him, if we were to sign him,

It would be a signing with an element of risk that's for sure.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is it safe to say that this current team is capable of winning a premiership? That's the way I look at it.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
dodgy hamstring
dodgy shoulder
spends more games out injured than he plays
mentally unstable
currently in meltdown mode
knocked us back twice already, let him live with his decisions
Hard to argue

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So is it safe to say that this current team is capable of winning a premiership? That's the way I look at it.
No, I don't believe our current team is capable of winning a premiership,

Fuck, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong,

Do you think the addition of Foran to our squad at the expense of possibly 3 other players would bring us glory?
I think it's posible, but unlikely due to how unstable and broken Foran is,

For me he is to big a risk,

Sometimes you have to love the one your with so to speak,
Better the devil you know than the one you don't,
Grass isn't greener over the hill

And so on and so on,

It's a no for Foran from me,

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great. Pressure on Reynolds. Just what we need on the run into the finals.
Get ready for some brain farts.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great. Pressure on Reynolds. Just what we need on the run into the finals.
Get ready for some brain farts.
Lol, it will be a test for his mental toughness again,

I hope it inspires him to further continue on his good form,

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kieran Foran move leaves Josh Reynolds’ Bulldogs future uncertain again

Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
July 8, 2016 9:00pm

ONLY this week Josh Reynolds admitted the uncertainty surrounding his future at the Bulldogs last year had a negative impact on his football before Trent Hodkinson quit the club.

But after building a successful halves partnership with young gun Moses Mbye this year, it appears a fresh round of speculation is about to start with the Bulldogs set to chase Kieran Foran.

A local Canterbury junior, Reynolds is signed up until the end of next year.

But it would be hard to see how the club could fit Reynolds, Mbye and Foran all under the salary cap.

With the Bulldogs now in the NRL top four ahead of Saturday night’s game against Wests Tigers, Reynolds was even being touted as a possible replacement for the injured Adam Reynolds in the NSW team this week before Matt Moylan got his recall.

And earlier in the week he conceded to The Daily Telegraph that the uncertainty of last year weighed heavily on him before Hodkinson decided to take up an offer at Newcastle.

Asked if he felt like he would be the one forced out, Reynolds admitted: “Yeah. Well, we really didn’t know, 100 per cent. It is one of those things isn’t it, you know, I am no world beater.

“I am no Thurston. I definitely haven’t got a cemented spot, especially when there is three classy players going for two positions. It is how footy goes because there is only two halves and there was three halves here that were fighting for the spot.”

But he admitted it played on his mind, and impacted his football.

“It did. For me, that can be a bit dangerous,” he said.

“That is what I felt I have done this year. I am trying to calculate everything I do and not just act on emotions. I feel last year because I was only getting 10 to 15 minutes sometimes I would go out there and just try too hard and it would be the worst thing for me.

“It is a lot easier this year, that is for sure.”

Asked if he sat down and spoke with coach Des Hasler about his concerns, Reynolds said: “Not really, no. For him, he probably just wanted to get the best out of all of us I reckon.”
This is a perfect example why Reynolds will never be a premiership winning half. Someone like Thurston or Cronk would use the talk as motivation instead Reynolds uses it as an excuse for his form.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, the legend they are loosely referring is actually David Klemmer I was told,
Then I saw a face book article with Klemmer endorsing des to help Foran,

Haha, I wouldn't read to much into this article in the OP

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The quotes in that scrapbook article were referring to the situation last year, Reynolds was commenting on the situation between him, hod and mbye.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The quotes in that scrapbook article were referring to the situation last year, Reynolds was commenting on the situation between him, hod and mbye.
Yeah, we all know that,
Discussions we are having now, are in relation to how he will deal with the current pressure given how badly he handled it last year,

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez there are some idiots on here. If you put aside all his mental demons you are left with a broken body. He has had 8 hamstring injuries in the last 3 years! His career is gooonnee! I'm not a massive fan of Reynolds/Mbye combo but it's sure as hell better than having Foran play 10-15 games a year and we have to constantly bring halves up from NSW Cup to replace him when he breaks down again and again and again and again.....
I certainly agree with what u are saying, look at dce he plays when he wants to for mega bucks & takes up a massive pay within the salary cap, this crap with foran & injuries needs to be looked at very strongly , plz dogs don't just take a guess at what this guy can do OR can't do.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If and when Foran becomes available I'm sure the Roosters will somehow find the money. Foran playing with his best mate Pearce might be too good to give up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If and when Foran becomes available I'm sure the Roosters will somehow find the money. Foran playing with his best mate Pearce might be too good to give up.
The Roosters would probably have the cash given they were prepared to chase Hayne. I can't recall them making any bug money buys since. I'm not that worries at the moment. I'll show faith in JR and Mbye. They're developing nicely as the season progresses. I'd hate to see them under more pressure to perform when it looks like the team is growing in confidence lately.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again i call bullshit. I did not tell kieran to come over to the dogs.

If i did have any advice for him it would be that all his dreams arent worth throwing away over a broken relationship and whatever else he is dealing with.

Always seemed like he had his head screwed on specially for a league player hope he gets back on track.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Huh??

NRL 2009 Manly Warringah 9 games
NRL 2010 Manly Warringah 23 games
NRL 2011 Manly Warringah 26 games
NRL 2012 Manly Warringah 21 games
NRL 2013 Manly Warringah 27 games
NRL 2014 Manly Warringah 22 games
NRL 2015 Manly Warringah 19 games
NRL 2016 Parramatta 9 games

Foran is far more injury free than people reckon, AND maybe its down to the clubs he is with's medical staff screwing up.

Foran didn't even feel his shoulder was 100% when they played him again and it became season ending.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh??

NRL 2009 Manly Warringah 9 games
NRL 2010 Manly Warringah 23 games
NRL 2011 Manly Warringah 26 games
NRL 2012 Manly Warringah 21 games
NRL 2013 Manly Warringah 27 games
NRL 2014 Manly Warringah 22 games
NRL 2015 Manly Warringah 19 games
NRL 2016 Parramatta 9 games

Foran is far more injury free than people reckon, AND maybe its down to the clubs he is with's medical staff screwing up.

Foran didn't even feel his shoulder was 100% when they played him again and it became season ending.
Hmm Foran's record from 2010 to 2015 looks ok considering the team play 24 games minimum.

The Roosters would probably have the cash given they were prepared to chase Hayne. I can't recall them making any bug money buys since. I'm not that worries at the moment. I'll show faith in JR and Mbye. They're developing nicely as the season progresses. I'd hate to see them under more pressure to perform when it looks like the team is growing in confidence lately.
The Roosters have set money aside for a big signing whether it be Hayne or Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.