A Dogs dozen: Contract calls prioritised as Gus Zooms in

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?! REALLY? Okunbor getting extended? He's worse than Trex. Big for nothing useless footballer. Biggest cat. Too afraid to use his size and fuck everyone up. Cant step. Can't catch. Can't hold a ball. Can't run. Wtf otherwise great to see the rest gone.
Great backup and does well in lower grades. I hope this is what theu are aiming for.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Gus started today? (Via Zoom) He’s had half a day, and still no signings. Do we start the ‘sack Gus’ thread yet? Haha for the record this is just my attempt at some humour for TK. I love the signing of Gus and believe some good news is just around the corner.
Tomorrow

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ecstatic , with everything that's happening with our beloved Bulldogs and can't wait for the 2022 season to begin, My only concern is If Gus & Tbas clash and don't see eye to eye with team selections etc.. could that cause more problems for the future of our club? because as much as I love Gus he can be very intimidating and as I remember it caused some internal problems at Penrith, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this my fellow Kennelers as I value the opinions of my Comrades here on the Kennel.

View attachment 26902 View attachment 26907
they’re supposed to be great mates and gus has said he wouldn’t get involved in team selection but that has yet to be seen. i guess we’ll have to wait and see how it pans out. as a new coach, Tbaz should listen if Gus has a selection critique or idea i feel. ultimately being a head coach is a results driven job and if he wants results, listen to someone that’s been around the game for decades

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they’re supposed to be great mates and gus has said he wouldn’t get involved in team selection but that has yet to be seen. i guess we’ll have to wait and see how it pans out. as a new coach, Tbaz should listen if Gus has a selection critique or idea i feel. ultimately being a head coach is a results driven job and if he wants results, listen to someone that’s been around the game for decades
This is exactly what I am concerned about, There are a lot of ego's out there ( Phil Gould )

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interesting to see how things pan out in terms of recruitment/retention over the next few weeks. I know he's been crucified on here but I'm OK with Okunbur re-signing. Not going to judge him too harshly based on last night's performance. He's coming off a major injury with no warm up games and it was obvious he was trying (probably too hard) to make things happen. Meaney on the other hand..we dodged a bullet by not backing him as a our fullback long term.