Opinion A change up after round 3

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to bring in a OMealey type to start development of some aggression in forwards maybe assistant reserve grade coach or 20s coach. Our big problem is zero go forward. You could have Andrew John’s playing behind that pack. And we would still be beaten by 20 plus each week. Get some go forward then we can get excited again. Easy way to start is in the forwards who would you rate high enough to make opposition teams each week. My opioni. Jackson hethrington on bench Elliot. The rest would not get a start against Newcastle and the Riff. We are in trouble this year.
Hetherington is aggression... we need a metre eater prop. We also have Thompson and being English that's an automatic trait.

Reactions: ATT

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Avo not the answer in the halves. Like the bloke but a flash in the pan that all on here got their nickers moist for. Need Lewis back at 6. Burton can’t come quick enough!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need some more size in our starting lineup and I'm sick of seeing Dylan Napa anywhere near the team. I'd go with this lineup against the Broncos.

01. Corey Allan
02. Nick Cotric
03. Aaron Schoup
04. Jackson Topine
05. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
06. Will Hopoate
07. Kyle Flanagan
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Renouf Atoni
11. Josh Jackson
12. Adam Elliott
13. Jack Hetherington

14. Jake Averillo
15. Chris Smith
16. Corey Waddell
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy are we missing Mr reliable Morris brothers , heart on sleeves Reynolds, passionate Ennis , Frank the tank and kasiano. We babe no identity. It’s a worry

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Rd 3 team.

1. Meaney
2. Okenbor
3. Allen
4. Cotric (Nick)
5. Katia
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
8. Mariner
9. JMK
10. Ogden
11.Elliott
12. Waddel
13. Jackson
-
14. Averillo
15. Doorey
16. Stimson
17. Atoni
I think there might be some trouble playing a player still recovering from an ACL or would you play him with a brace & some crutches?

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
We fuck jmk off the dud makes us carry 2 hookers both aren't worth it to have anyway they cant stop being shit its gotta end lets add wakes for passing and D to 9,
Then move lewy to 9 for cover if he gets tired
Avo to 6 from 14,
Can also sub off hopa when he does something shit and move allan along and put avo at fb for a bit this way he gets time at fb if he kills it can fuck hopa off all year,
hopa can have a spell at 2nd row backend and get some beltings for sundays
Good time to blood Schouup add him in,
Unfortunately 1 shitcunt last spot on the bench
Elliot to play a little hail mary at prop

Take this to brisbane

Allan / avo
Meaney
Schouup
Hopa
Cotric right side
Lewis
Flano
Hetherington
Wakeham pass and tackle
Atoni
C Smith / Stimson any
Elliott
Jackson

Avo
Doorey
Stimson
Some prop ****

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, he was clearly our best player on the field today.. by a country mile tbh.. no one came close...
I'll have some of what your smoking!

He come flying in off his wing and completely missed kikau for the first try and then copped 10 in the bin insuing a penalty, field position and 6 points. Then another try whilst down to 12 men. He is a fricken liability week in week out and should be farmed off to another club at first opportunity

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll have some of what your smoking!

He come flying in off his wing and completely missed kikau for the first try and then copped 10 in the bin insuing a penalty, field position and 6 points. Then another try whilst down to 12 men. He is a fricken liability week in week out and should be farmed off to another club at first opportunity
His carries were the only thing giving us any type of momentum, he was the only one showing any sort of aggression.. and the try he 'let in' it was a 2 on 1 overlap.. why is a winger tackling a second rower? Where the f is our second rower or centre...

Edit: Cotric was also trying hard and showing aggression..

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His carries were the only thing giving us any type of momentum, he was the only one showing any sort of aggression.. and the try he 'let in' it was a 2 on 1 overlap.. why is a winger tackling a second rower? Where the f is our second rower or centre...
Heres a link to the shorts of the game.

Watch, rewind, watch, rewind.

Defensively our line was set right to defend this type of play (even with an overlap) there was not enough room for Luai to throw cut out to the winger and not enough time for Kikau to catch pass to the winger. Therefore the winger role is to come in and take out the sweeping runner which was Kikau. He completely F%^&ing missed the bloke which in itself is an accomplishment. More to the point he just stood there like a deer in the headlights.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been saying floppa is shiet for 24 months
Meaney was rubbish from day one
Agree about Floppa. However Meaney offers more. Cotric inside him and he refuses to pass him the ball.
Meaney was jogging outside Cotric a few times, and he just took the tackle. He needs a good talking to.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If pay had a beard he would be stroking it right now smoking a cigar and sipping his blue label.
To be fair, I think Pay would still be trying to figure out how to work his remote to get the 'Dogs game on the new-fangled thing called a TV. He not to bright :grinning:

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dwz may have done the whole club a favour for next week with his late shot on cleary.. He's making Mitch brown look like an immortal at present!
I have been one of DWZs biggest critics, however he was at least having a go yesterday. He put his body on the line & I dont recall any of his usual mistakes...other than wiping the sweat of Clearys jaw with his forearm...& I know most on here would love that opportunity!

Reactions: GDR

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree about Floppa. However Meaney offers more. Cotric inside him and he refuses to pass him the ball.
Meaney was jogging outside Cotric a few times, and he just took the tackle. He needs a good talking to.
It's the same with most centers in the modern game...seem to have forgotten there is someone outside of them...or lost the ability to pass it...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heres a link to the shorts of the game.

Watch, rewind, watch, rewind.

Defensively our line was set right to defend this type of play (even with an overlap) there was not enough room for Luai to throw cut out to the winger and not enough time for Kikau to catch pass to the winger. Therefore the winger role is to come in and take out the sweeping runner which was Kikau. He completely F%^&ing missed the bloke which in itself is an accomplishment. More to the point he just stood there like a deer in the headlights.
Mate if you don't understand how that sort of play happens then I can't help you..

DWZ had 3 choices to make go to kikau, in which then luai goes out the back to the winger, go for the intercept the hero play and the dumbest of all which he picked or stay on the winger and let kikau strolls through.. either which way that try was happening because good halves react according to the defensive line.. DWZ chose the hero dumb play, but the try was caused from way inside of him by the decoy runners commiting multiple defenders..

All you see is an end result with out understanding the process..

Btw I watched the tries on replay multiple times and I also watched it live at the ground..

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Boy are we missing Mr reliable Morris brothers , heart on sleeves Reynolds, passionate Ennis , Frank the tank and kasiano. We babe no identity. It’s a worry
You are spot on....
We get rid of the morris boys and we have struggled for a decent centre and winger.
They are most likely laughing saying good thing we moved on.
FFS bring back kas, he'd be better than Napa. Just looked it up he's only 30.