Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Superleague war fucked us more than any other team.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Truth be told dymock didn't deserve Clive Churchill. Only got it cos he was arl affiliated. S Gillies was best man on ground.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched it again, was good to see some of our past players in action but, I could not help noticing how much slower and predictable the game was back then. Can you imagine what any one of the top 8 in 2016 would do to the Bulldogs of 95' if they played each other today?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I still remember Matthew Ryan's interview after that match.
Talk about passion and love of the club!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Truth be told dymock didn't deserve Clive Churchill. Only got it cos he was arl affiliated. S Gillies was best man on ground.
I think he got it because he was forced to steer the team around whilst lamb was off and did a good enough job to get on top. But the whole team lifted enormously in that game. The defence was so ferocious at one stage none of the Manly players wanted to run the ball. I got goosebumps just writing that lol

Simon Gillies was best on ground, John timu over 50 tackles for a centre, Everyone chasing everything down and being first to the ball.

The definition of bulldog was written again that day.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched it again, was good to see some of our past players in action but, I could not help noticing how much slower and predictable the game was back then. Can you imagine what any one of the top 8 in 2016 would do to the Bulldogs of 95' if they played each other today?
Except for the 2016 Bulldogs!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Superleague war fucked us more than any other team.
Super league war
Salary cap scandal
Obstruction rule
Interchange rule

We probably would have won 2, 3 or maybe 4 more titles if things weren't change.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2004 GF is on now. I don't know whats more heart breaking the squad we had them or that was our last gf win.

Status
Not open for further replies.