9 Quality FG Players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Supremacy just highlighted to me how many injuries we have...
to anyone who thinks we did badly against panthers well guess what, We have 11 injuries. Thank god we only lost to penrith by 10...

Everyone should be happy we didn't get thrashed..

Reminding me of 05...

• Willie Mason
  • Sonny Bill Williams
  • Willie Tonga
  • Matthew Utai
  • Lee Te Maari
  • Mark O'Meley
  • Cameron Phelps
  • Kane Cleal
  • Aaron Wheatley
  • Add to that Charlie Farah and Emilio

9 of the above would be on any team in first grade, and the fact that we still did strongly against the Panthers is credit to our club and also credit to the depth we seem to have...

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

we did ok considering how many got injured during the game also.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Injuries are all part of the game, just ask the Dragons

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a bit of a stretch to call Wheatley and Farrah quality FG players

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injuries are all part of the game, just ask the Dragons
you sig is hilarious!!!

btw farah is 28 - wouldn't call a bloke who is 28 and behind jon green quality

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Supremacy just highlighted to me how many injuries we have...
to anyone who thinks we did badly against panthers well guess what, We have 11 injuries. Thank god we only lost to penrith by 10...

Everyone should be happy we didn't get thrashed..

Reminding me of 05...

• Willie Mason
  • Sonny Bill Williams
  • Willie Tonga
  • Matthew Utai
  • Lee Te Maari
  • Mark O'Meley
  • Cameron Phelps
  • Kane Cleal
  • Aaron Wheatley
  • Add to that Charlie Farah and Emilio

9 of the above would be on any team in first grade, and the fact that we still did strongly against the Panthers is credit to our club and also credit to the depth we seem to have...

Mate, sorry but I disagree.

Penrith had no Wesser, no Priddis, no Rooney. Luke Lewis started from the bench, an out of form Tony Puletua. They were not a strong side.

PL have to step up when we need them, and they flat out didn't do that. We had a lead of 14/4 and had 26 points scored against us. Yes we had injuries and only 1 interchange player, but it was still 13 players v 13 players. Our senior players left on the park, like Sherwin and Patten, didn't take control the way a top side should. I thought Maitua had one of his better games for a while, but having watched the game again, Sherwin really had a shocker.

We melted in that 2nd half against a hapless Penrith.

Gloss over the injuries all you want, but in the past 2 weeks, we have been off.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
True RORY very true we should have got home against penrith thats 4 points weve lost

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Exactly, well said rory, there were no excuses no matter what, penrith did not have there best line up out there and had a very young and inexperienced side, we still had quality on the field and i know our players tired but it was really just embarrassing. And you also said any of those players would make it into any 17 in the league which is crap, Cleal, Phelphs, Wheatley and maybe some others considering which teams they could go into would not be in the side, do you really think melbourne would put utai etc. in there side, no chance, injuries are no excuses.

bAsE

JACKPOT
Reaction score
Hey Byrd ur predictions dont look too good.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, sorry but I disagree.

Penrith had no Wesser, no Priddis, no Rooney. Luke Lewis started from the bench, an out of form Tony Puletua. They were not a strong side.

PL have to step up when we need them, and they flat out didn't do that. We had a lead of 14/4 and had 26 points scored against us. Yes we had injuries and only 1 interchange player, but it was still 13 players v 13 players. Our senior players left on the park, like Sherwin and Patten, didn't take control the way a top side should. I thought Maitua had one of his better games for a while, but having watched the game again, Sherwin really had a shocker.

We melted in that 2nd half against a hapless Penrith.

Gloss over the injuries all you want, but in the past 2 weeks, we have been off.
I agree with you in part mate, but the way the game is these days, most players do not play tired, due to the interchange. If those injuries happened late in the match it would of had a less effect. Bench players are use to only playing any where from 25 to 50 mins (on and off may once or twice).

You only need to look at the last state of origin game, those early injuries eventually weighed down the Queensland players, causing fatigue earlier. Do you think that Queensland would of won by the same margin if the injuries happened to the N.S.W. side instead??

Does the NRL need to change how many reserves are used, or the number of interchanges available?? Like I said, players don't play tired, for long periods, so when they need to, they miss more tackle, make shocking passes and don't back up the player with the ball as hard.

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with you in part mate, but the way the game is these days, most players do not play tired, due to the interchange. If those injuries happened late in the match it would of had a less effect. Bench players are use to only playing any where from 25 to 50 mins (on and off may once or twice).

You only need to look at the last state of origin game, those early injuries eventually weighed down the Queensland players, causing fatigue earlier. Do you think that Queensland would of won by the same margin if the injuries happened to the N.S.W. side instead??

Does the NRL need to change how many reserves are used, or the number of interchanges available?? Like I said, players don't play tired, for long periods, so when they need to, they miss more tackle, make shocking passes and don't back up the player with the ball as hard.
Mate, the comparison between Qld in SOO 3 and our 2nd half performance against Penrith is like comparing night and day.

Let me quote you something from Wikipedia's synopsis on SOO 3.

" Queensland held off NSW attacks for most of the 2nd half. It was
not until the 73rd minute that Matt King went over for a try. In the
79th minute, El Masri scored and the result was sealed."

Queensland showed plenty of heart and a real desire to win. They were not protecting a 10 point lead, in fact, they were behind on the scoreboard. It was only 7 mins before the end that they relented. They were desperate in defence with try savers like Steven Bell on Matt Cooper.

We, on the other hand, had 26 points scored against us. They scored in the 46th, 53rd, 57th, the 59th, all in the 1st 20 mins of the 2nd half. If they ran over us in the latter part of the match, I would agree with you.

Qld were playing NSW. We were playing the team coming dead LAST. The NRL don't need to change the numbers of reserves or interchange players. Players are fitter and stronger than ever. Its not park Oz Tag that you and I play when we put our hand up after a 30 metre sprint, so the tired and fatigue factor in Saturday's game doesn't wash with me.

It was still 13 on 13 mate.

We showed no desire, no desperation.

IMO, it was our worse loss in a long, long time, and it may come back to hurt us massively in the next few months.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I would say 5 of those could make first grade in "any" team...

Status
Not open for further replies.