9 News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
he told the reporter he is taking the matter extremely seriously

as for hasler being upset about this, he was one of the leading defence attornies for brett stewart so there will probably be no problem here
oh i see. thanks for sharing.

any word from the club re graham?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he told the reporter he is taking the matter extremely seriously

as for hasler being upset about this, he was one of the leading defence attornies for brett stewart so there will probably be no problem here
The difference being Stewart wasn't caught on camera doing it. Our player was clearly heard. Regardless of whether or not 9 should have been there, this idiot should of had more brains and respect not to say something so offensive. For anyone thinking it's a nothing comment, what would you do if they said it to your wife or daughter? Or if Matai or someone said it. It's just a really bad look for our club.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
For anyone thinking it's a nothing comment, what would you do if they said it to your wife or daughter?
that depends on who said it

if it was keating, barba or steve turner id be upset, but if it was kasiano or pritchard id be ok with it

Silvertail

Waterboy
Reaction score
Stand by your club!

The only problem with this story is that it was created by channel 9 reporters and only impacted channel 9 reporters. They were clearly prying and were essentially, as reporters, told to get lost. So how does that qualify as the opening story on channel 9 news tonight.

Reminds me of the media hysteria after the two dodgy tries my Manly team scored against the Cowboys. If history repeats, the media frenzy will see to it that Graham gets suspended for the whole season.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Stand by your club!

The only problem with this story is that it was created by channel 9 reporters and only impacted channel 9 reporters. They were clearly prying and were essentially, as reporters, told to get lost. So how does that qualify as the opening story on channel 9 news tonight.

Reminds me of the media hysteria after the two dodgy tries my Manly team scored against the Cowboys. If history repeats, the media frenzy will see to it that Graham gets suspended for the whole season.
Is there any wonder in that ? Hand of Foran try , refs and nrl admit massive stuff up ? Cowboys very rightly filthy ? Contentious try to Tasewer ??

L

loui323

Nine news are farked... IMO 9 were awarded television rights to the game.. They should be propping the game up and supporting the game and promote positive news about the game.. Not airing reports like they did today.. Its not about the dogs its about the game itself to steer away negative publicity... Gee they want the cake and they want to eat it... Weeeeeeedlerrr does nothing for the game..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Stand by your club!

Ch9 love going for the throat. Didn't they want to have Brett Stewart sent to the chair before he'd even been charged (and later found not guilty)?

This just reminded me why I watch 7 News not Nein.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The newsbreak they have in between shows had no mention of it.

scoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
GIBBO you are a fool. wake up to yourself. it's nothing and as if you havent done stuff in your life. with a redneck name like gibbo i bet you do burn outs in your $5 commodore from the 80's. It's crap get rid of it buddy

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way that deserved to be the top story on nine news tonight (and that's from a Manly fan.

Channel 9 are supposed to have a partnership with rugby league. Someone should be sacked at channel 9 for running with such a 'non-story'
The wisest words said on here in a long time. Good man.

Speaking as a relative newcomer to the Australian media, I'm amazed at the difference between the relationship between the AFL and the Melbourne media and the NRL and the Sydney media. Despite both games having a comparable number of scandals of comparable magnitude both on and off the field, you'd think one game was played by angels and the other by absolute thugs.
Both codes have had players making illegal/immoral bets on games. Both games have had high-profile players involved in rape investigations which subsequently collapsed. Both games have had serious on-field incidents of unnecessary and deliberate attempts to injure opponents. Even things which aren't scandals, such as the state of the Titans financial woes get reported with near-glee by certain sections of the media. Compare this to the near propaganda about how GWS are a roaring success.

I have no idea why The Daily Telegraph, Channel 9 etc seem to take delight in highlighting every last flaw the game has. The Melbourne papers don't seem to behave this way. It's a sad reflection on society that people love to hear how awful some behaviour is.

cbb_fan

Waterboy
Reaction score
It woldn't be Kasiano or Pritchard. Someone anglo for sure.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just something I'd like to question here. Ch9 had some obvious shots from INSIDE BSG. They correspond with shots Ch7 got of the guys goofing around. They also had obvious video from over the fence.

In the vision there was a Ch9 cameraman taking video over the fence, and next minute you hear "Isn't enough enough guys, BLEEPn hell BLEEP off will yas".

That seems to insinuate there was some stirring beforehand from Ch9.

and again I'd love to know why Ch7 were invited inside to film, whilst Ch9 were (by their own admission and vision), not allowed inside (or had been asked to leave and they wouldn't report that). Ask yourself why? If they are okay to let Ch7 in, something or someone has done something to cause Bulldogs management NOT to allow them inside as well (or they have been removed).

This might be complete and utter heresay but: Lets assume they were told not to talk to the players and only to film them. Ch9 trying to get a scoop disobeys and gets removed from BSG. In order to still get footage they go around and start filming from the fence and get told off. At the same time they get the chopper to film overhead. Finally, annoyed at Bulldogs management they decide to heckle and abuse Dogs players in an attempt to get a bite. Once they do, story complete and they put their spin on it. Plausible?

Note: Ch7 reported no such issues.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Ryan Phelan basically labeled Weedler a grub on twitter calling the story rubbish and simply an attempt to get dirt. Weedler then tried to jump on his high horse about the female journo getting abused.

One thing is for certain is that Khoder Nasser is behind this whole thing. Weedler is just Nassers little gimp that gets told what to do. How 9 allows a bloke to remain in their ranks that's essentially working for someone else is beyond me.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe you ppl are blowing it off. One of them clearly says come suck me off you dumb dog. How can ppl condone that. Des and Todd would be furious over this. It's the kind of thing sponsors walk over.
Suck me off at the next station! hahah Kills me everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.